• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

USF vs. UCF equals USC vs. UCLA?  Really?  I'm sure that 80-year-old crosstown in-conference rivalry would pale in comparison to the intensity of the Snore on I-4.  If they get in the Big East, then we'll talk.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Stats

Victories

2007 USF beat Auburn (Ranked 17) at Auburn

2007  USF vs WVA (Ranked 5)

2008 USF beats Kansas (ranked)

2009 USF Beat FSU (ranked) at FSU

2010 USF Beats Miami at Miami

Can someone please show me some stats on UCF accomplishments that have come close, because they seem to think they are on par with what we have done because they one a USA Conference Championship.

Well, those are impressive....not sure about the last one but I won't quibble.

But to be fair, what is the record pre BE..(and I think you have some nice wins)...but to compare BCS conference status wins to our non BCS wins is really intellectually unfair. Just my opinion...though....for which I was banned this week from another board...which I now proudly wear as a badge of honor!

Good Luck against UCONN. I think they will be tougher than the "u".

Rivals??

Gaitorbait.net. A prolific poster posted a request for a TV site to watch the UF/UCF B Ball game. I answered with the NCAA ( legal)  free TV stream. I was immmediately banned. Seeveral other people posted sites..all continue to post there. I e mailed the Admin, no response.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

If USF is in their green jerseys and UCF is in their gold (non white, since its really not dark) jersey when they square off again, then we have arrived!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

Stats

Victories

Can someone please show me some stats on UCF accomplishments that have come close, because they seem to think they are on par with what we have done because they one a USA Conference Championship.

But to be fair, what is the record pre BE..(and I think you have some nice wins)...but to compare BCS conference status wins to our non BCS wins is really intellectually unfair. Just my opinion...though....for which I was banned this week from another board...which I now proudly wear as a badge of honor!

Rivals??

Gaitorbait.net. A prolific poster posted a request for a TV site to watch the UF/UCF B Ball game. I answered with the NCAA ( legal)  free TV stream. I was immmediately banned. Seeveral other people posted sites..all continue to post there. I e mailed the Admin, no response.

er ... OK .... Not sure why you brought that up in the midst of that paragraph, though ... Thought you were banned for something to do with UCF/USF.  :-\

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

I have no idea what they're talking about...  ;)

Stats

Victories

Rivals??

er ... OK .... Not sure why you brought that up in the midst of that paragraph, though ... Thought you were banned for something to do with UCF/USF.  :-\

Oh, sloppy writing on my part. I was referencing in my run on sentence, that my opinion cost me...I was not rude....but opinions are not welcomed there...unless you fall all over Urban and his team. Unless.....you are an insider.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

Stats

Victories

Rivals??

Oh, sloppy writing on my part. I was referencing in my run on sentence, that my opinion cost me...I was not rude....but opinions are not welcomed there...unless you fall all over Urban and his team. Unless.....you are an insider.

Posting a website is not your opinion .... Was that your first and only post there??

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

I'm going to say it:  UCF just isn't worthy of a rivalry with USF.  We should continue pursuing a rivalry with Miami-- a team which also lacks a true geographical rival.  It'd be far more interesting and beneficial to both teams. 

However, if God wills it so that UCF is in the Big East and this (non)rivalry is resurrected, we should at least invent a trophy and title for this game to give it some ummphh.  But we would have to permanently affix this trophy to our trophy case because UCF would never win this game!

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  971
  • Days Won:  0

I think it's great we stopped playing . . . the way it was going, somebody was going to get killed eventually.  It's also great there are no more gnat infestations on TheBullsPen.com and Greg's blog.  GB!

Stats

Victories

Rivals??

Posting a website is not your opinion .... Was that your first and only post there??

No, I had posted there not many times...but fairly often. My opinion was not in the link, but in my content. They are having a very tough week. Probably a little sensitive!