• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Days Won:  2

CUSA is usually pretty decent football but this year it is just aweful from top to bottom...UCF is probably the best of the lot this year and good for them, but that conference is almost Sunbelt-like this season.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  2,338
  • Content Count:  21,346
  • Days Won:  10

All I know is we are the state champs in Florida and you can find me on the winning side. O0

I don't think UCF would like to play Florida, Florida State, Miami, or USF this year; even in down years, Florida's BCS teams would murder UCiF.

are you that much of a homer? USF didn't even 'murder' Western Kentucky

Well, we have already beaten Cincinnati and Rutgers this year; that is two more than the entire history of the UCF program.

That's not correct ... they've beaten Alabama and NC State in their history,

Is that the only two BCS teams they have beaten? 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  65
  • Days Won:  0

CUSA is usually pretty decent football but this year it is just aweful from top to bottom...UCF is probably the best of the lot this year and good for them, but that conference is almost Sunbelt-like this season.

You do realize that middle of the road CUSA team Tulane just beat Rutgers a few weeks ago right? And that Southern Miss beat Kansas... And that bottom feeder UAB took Tenn to overtime, and lost to Mississippi St by 5 pts... And that ECU beat NC State... Right?

CUSA is hardly a world beater, but outside the very upper echololan of BCS team (those currently in the Top 15), CUSA is competitive with any BCS team. I would say that CUSA has actually gotten better this year, which is part of the reason why UCF is ranked...

If UCF and USF played 10 times this year, UCF would win 9...

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

You do realize that middle of the road CUSA team Tulane just beat Rutgers a few weeks ago right? And that Southern Miss beat Kansas... And that bottom feeder UAB took Tenn to overtime, and lost to Mississippi St by 5 pts... And that ECU beat NC State... Right?

CUSA is hardly a world beater, but outside the very upper echololan of BCS team (those currently in the Top 15), CUSA is competitive with any BCS team. I would say that CUSA has actually gotten better this year, which is part of the reason why UCF is ranked...

You had me until that comment.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  684

Wow, our defense would eat your midget quarterback alive. I hope we see you guys on the field soon so we can remind our little red headed brother of our dominance.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  476

The one- two combo of Bruce Miller on defense and Jeff Godfrey on offense

would itself defeat the BCS teams of this state.  I think O'Leary smashmouth

ball would obliterate the teams of Florida, personally.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Before the Cincinnati game, I would have said USF and UCF playing 10 times would be about 7 or 8 wins for UCF. Looking at it now, I say UCF could win 5 (half). Both teams are probably pretty evenly matched, and a game this year would be pretty decent.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  46

CUSA has more wins against OOC BCS schools than the Big East does.  I don't know that we should be proud of the Big East this year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

All I know is we are the state champs in Florida and you can find me on the winning side. O0

I don't think UCF would like to play Florida, Florida State, Miami, or USF this year; even in down years, Florida's BCS teams would murder UCiF.

are you that much of a homer? USF didn't even 'murder' Western Kentucky

Well, we have already beaten Cincinnati and Rutgers this year; that is two more than the entire history of the UCF program.

That's not correct ... they've beaten Alabama and NC State in their history,

Is that the only two BCS teams they have beaten?   

Yes.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

You do realize that middle of the road CUSA team Tulane just beat Rutgers a few weeks ago right? And that Southern Miss beat Kansas ...

Exhibition season upsets happen all the time in college football ...

And that bottom feeder UAB took Tenn to overtime, and lost to Mississippi St by 5 pts...

Not sure when you guys will grasp the fact that moral victories don't count in the overall scheme of things ...

And that ECU beat NC State... Right?

LOL ....Seriously? You have the balls to bring up ECU after last weekend??

I would say that CUSA has actually gotten better this year, which is part of the reason why UCF is ranked...

No, CUSA has gotten worse, outside of UCF, which is why they've been able to put up big numbers ...

The perfect cherry on top of this post ....  :D