• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

UCF cuts five programs including an MIS and Engineering track.

Putting the YOU in U Can't Finish!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  476
  • Days Won:  0

:ROFLMAO

Just kidding, boys, haven't posted in a while.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Me?  Other than my tickets and hotel room, no.

The team?  I hope so!

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,412

Are you guys still playin' this season?  Or did it finally get called for lack of interest?

No but seriously, who is your best opponent this year?  UM? 

Hope you win that game because the rest of your season is pretty lackluster.  Least when we were in C-USA we had Louisville to hate.  Don't get me wrong, it was still fun to go to the games and all, but playing teams with national exposure makes it so much better.  It is electric just walking into the stadium and it takes a strong visiting team to do that, even Syracuse would draw 2-3K at the stadium.

Oh well, I feel for you, it is not your fault that Tulsa is your biggest challenge in the league. 

Are you guys still playin' this season?  Or did it finally get called for lack of interest?

Hope you win that game because the rest of your season is pretty lackluster.  Least when we were in C-USA we had Louisville to hate.  Don't get me wrong, it was still fun to go to the games and all, but playing teams with national exposure makes it so much better.  It is electric just walking into the stadium and it takes a strong visiting team to do that, even Syracuse would draw 2-3K at the stadium.

Oh well, I feel for you, it is not your fault that Tulsa is your biggest challenge in the league. 

We play your rival Miami ::).  I can't wait to play those guys ::).  We also play Texas in Austin so there goes all your theories about exposure.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

We play your rival Miami ::).  I can't wait to play those guys ::).  We also play Texas in Austin so there goes all your theories about exposure.

:ROFLMAO He Said RIVAL  :ROFLMAO

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Ahh yes, it must be exciting to play at Syracuse where they averaged 33,000 fans, that was less than UTEP, UCF and ECU.  Or better yet, I'm sure it is loud as hell at Cincy with their 31,000 fans, .  You act like schools like Cincy, UCONN and Pitt actually travel fans, they don't.  And before you start trashing other CUSA teams about traveling, USF is not exatly known for their away game fan support.

Yeah... good luck with that 33,000+ fan average this year  :loser

and I thought our home schedule was bad.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Nope, actually we're expecting to just roll-over and play dead.  ::)

Nope, actually we're expecting to just roll-over and play dead.  ::)

Care to make a prediction? You know, for laughs? :ROFLMAO

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

ToeJam...not that I care to debate you with because you're only into insulting, however all of the aforemention you provided either have expansion plans, or are expanding.   You already know that UL is in the midst of an actual expansion, but failed to mention, that will add 20k seats.  So is RU football stadium which will increase it's capacity to 56k...oh my.    And Uconn's Rentschler Field is expandable to 50k+ immediately if needed.  Once Uconn executes that plan it can be retrofitted, if you read up on the Field they emphasize the ability to quickly expand when requested.  The additional parking has been recently added, once that garage is completed it should open the opportunity for expansion (parking is a big issue there)...it certainly isn't season tixs hurting them since they've been over 24-25k every year, and sellout virtually every game.

When Uconn expands (and it will happen), then it would be WVU, Uconn, UL, RU, USF, WVU, and Pitt all playing in football facilities holding over 50k fans.  Cinci was required to expand Nipper field however has run into snags such as fan support.  Hell USF was requested to improve our hoops facility by the BE and we've yet to get it done all the way because of fundraising.   I never said it would keep your beloved UCF out, but it doesn't make your position easier when BE is trying to expand football and hoops and wants their stadiums and arenas to be a certain size.  UCF could easily get around the hoops arena thing by playing a few hoops games at the Magic Arena, just like Villanova, and St. John, and RU do already.  But football would mean you'd have to promise to expand. 

Which leads me to your hoops arena reference, now you're just being silly.  First, St. Johns and Villanova have alternative venues to go along with their on-campus.  Both play home games at MSG, and Wachovia Arena respectively...check it out ToeJam...go ahead.  RU also plays in alternative locations for some games.

I know this minimum requirement to be the case because there have been design ideas for altering the SunDome, and the conversation was we could not dip below the BE required 10k seat arena...why on earth do you think that UCF was using the Magic Arena as a proposed hoops facility during BE expansion talks...because they had a minimum requirement.  THe same has been said in our athletic department when a casual conversations about a stadium, i.e. something like what UCF has built....takes up...and the discussion is always reminded that the BE now wants all their stadiums to be 50k or more.

UCF could agree to expand their stadium so why worry and throw a tantrum ToeJam?  The point is growth in the BE, and remember UCF's hoops arena was originally much bigger until scaled back to the under 9,000 seats for economic purposes to get built.  There was a reason behind that number.