• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

My gf keeps asking if you're coming, Matt.  So you did secure tickets?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I think you should dress it up as a Purple Pirate and leave it at one the gates to the Pan ..... with a bottle of water glued to its' hand. Since we'll be out of the picture, may as well add some fuel to that real burgeoning rivalry they have brewing with ECU ...

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

My gf keeps asking if you're coming, Matt.  So you did secure tickets?

Yep, I have tix and Lee is mailing me a parking pass.  -=)

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Dress him up as a doctor.

• Topic Count:  103
  • Content Count:  5,241

Have him spewing B.S. from his mouth, while holding a resume

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  573

Jokers over there I guess.  Honestly I would never predict a win over a team that USF has never beaten and was drilled by the year before.

If we had Oregon on the schedule this year, how many would be predicting a USF win?  I certainly wouldn't and thats after just one loss not 3.  I would be hopeful but thats about it.

I'm curious why this was merged into flsportsfanspersonalthread.  I guess it doesn't really matter but I thought it was odd.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Some of my favorites:

* Any time the 2000 drunks that USF brings to the game try to yell or cheer during the game - the UCF fans will drown them out.

Does that mean when we scream while our D is on the field and try to disrupt the offense that they will try and help?

* The game before yours we had a heartbreaking loss to ECU (our main competition in this conference), with 5 turnovers in the 3rd quarter. Those couple of weeks were just a nightmare for UCF, and neither game was a true representation of UCF Knights football.

The games they lose are never a true representation of Knights football apparently

* I'll be honest, I watch a lot of college football and only @ UCF home games have I ever seen the camera's shake. Call it what you want with our "erector set" stadium, it shakes, makes a ton of noise, and is very intimidating.

That ones just ridiculous.

* That's soooo friggin lame and weak. Like I said - 2000 drunks is all USF will bring. Now I'm starting to think it will closer to 1000. Just gonna lay at home and expect UCF to roll over just like the past - watch it on tv for free.

Yes UCF rolled over.  That's it.

* The only team to ever win at BHNS - Texas by 3

UCF @ BHNS 44.3 to opponents 22.2, that is what I call home field advantage!

I guess all those points on Memphis is really going to their heads

* DL USF by a bit. Selvie is the deciding factor in that.

LB UCF

DB UCF by a little. Nate Allen is good, but the other DBs aren't as proven as the starting UCF secondary ( all 4 year starters ).

Now, I contend that if you are saying "pulling away" in talent, I don't buy. I'd say the teams are relatively even in talent, but used in different schemes.

I guess dominating all those CUSA powerhouse offenses outweighs the 64 points we put up last year, the majority of whom are back

*Astrometrics wise we are very similar, we have had the edge a couple years, you had the edge in others. Talent wise, we are probably ahead of you, maybe even. Kevin Smith, Mike Walker, Brandon Marshall. All 2 stars (you aren't the only ones to get recruits ranked lowly star-wise, to turn out to be huge).

Our DB's blow yours out of the water.

It's a good thing they had all that talent last season

* Oh thought I would add, USF's defense reminds me of UCF back in 05, with no tackling ability. It seems like you can just run a screen, if you have a block and some room, you will pick up mad yards. I remember Kevin Smith had like a 50 yard run after catch from behind the line of scrimmage. Just watching USF last year it seemed if you get a little open field you can exploit the heck out of them, they don't collapse on the ball fast enough and thier LBs can't wrap anyone up. Your defense is a joke, you have one sick DE, and solid athletic DBs.

Imagine how good we'd be if we could tackle

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I'm curious why this was merged into flsportsfanspersonalthread.  I guess it doesn't really matter but I thought it was odd.

I'm trying to keep the board itself for actual "news", even very loosely defined, pertaining to college athletics in the state of Florida. Links to clown sites and trying to decide the fate of a frightening cardboard cutout don't fall under that description ......  ;)

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  573

I'm trying to keep the board itself for actual "news", even very loosely defined, pertaining to college athletics in the state of Florida. Links to clown sites and trying to decide the fate of a frightening cardboard cutout don't fall under that description ......  ;)

LOL