• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Moffitt's Wife on Bay News 9 Sports Tonight at 11.......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Ben's lawyers are going have a lot of fun if they want to take depositions from all of these yahoos (Greg, Brett, Shauna, etal).  Nothing like a pissed off lawyer to make a bunch of peoples days turn bad.  If she's lying, which I'll bet she is, her case for alimony based on future earnings gets very, very thin.  Sounds like she is trying to do damage control now but she may be digging a deeper hole.  She might need one of those gold shovels to dig herself out.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,772

However, I really have to question the motives behind a woman going after a younger man (especially since the ages were about 15/19 at the time?).

The heart - and quite often the genitalia - wants what it wants. The brain, on the other hand, can be over-ridden at times. I've still not heard if this marriage was 'do the right thing' type of wedding. If it was, the novelty has worn off.

And remember sports fans, it was the media that decided the 'long distance daddy' story was interesting enough to make a few off-the-field segments. It's just business, fellas...don't take it personally. In the words of the great American philosopher, Don Henley:

We can do the innuendo

We can dance and sing

When its said and done we havent told you a thing

We all know that crap is king

Give us dirty laundry!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,772

one thing that shauna mentioned that hasnt been out there yet is that she sent greg and brett an email not with the purpose of making a news story about it.

I guess she's even more dumb than I thought.

I agree. Here's a subtle hint sweetie pie: if you don't want anything to wind up in the newspaper, don't send it to guys who work for the newspaper. It's what they do. Seriously, what did she think that the Woodward & Bernstein of Fowler Avenue were going to do?

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

lol Wooly...well put!

• Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

one thing that shauna mentioned that hasnt been out there yet is that she sent greg and brett an email not with the purpose of making a news story about it.

She said she didn't want to turn it into a big media hoopla but she just e-mailed the two reporters so they would stop printing stories about Ben as this great family man.

Ok so you didn't want to turn it into a big hoopla so you e-mailed two REPORTERS saying that you DID ALL OF HIS SCHOOL WORK?  No your tears cannot distract me from how stupid that sounds.

• Content Count:  7,201

She said she didn't want to turn it into a big media hoopla but she just e-mailed the two reporters so they would stop printing stories about Ben as this great family man.

Ok so you didn't want to turn it into a big hoopla so you e-mailed two REPORTERS saying that you DID ALL OF HIS SCHOOL WORK?  No your tears cannot distract me from how stupid that sounds.

My opinion, her defense is not a believable story.  If she wanted to email the reporters to say stop writing family man articles, she could have just emailed them and asked them to call her.  When they spoke via phone, she could have said they were separated, and things might not work out, and please do not write any more "family man" stories.  Also ask that on behalf of the children, please let the stories sit idle until things are either (a) worked out between them or (B) something formal occurs / divorce etc.  If Greg and Brett knew her, as she claims, they would have complied I am sure.  People would put kids ahead of stories...

Instead she said that she and her sister and mom had to give the whole story????  Could she not have left out the "don't know where he is" or the " he was cheating in school" parts.  Sounds like someone who is jilted and sabotaged her ex (regardless of whether or not the alleged story is true).  She CHOSE to make the details public - they would not have had any of that info if she kept her mouth shut. 

Now she is facing a backlash (at work, people with a negative opinion of her, etc) and she is trying to sound like the victim.  If she wanted to be a victim, she should have kept the sordid details out of the media and let them come out in court when she was fightign for alimony, child custody, and money for the kids.  It appears she put her anger against him on a pedastal instead of putting the kids first.... 

• Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

It just doesn't add up...  If you wanted to not create a media frenzy maybe you should just contact the reporters (which she said she knew personally), give them a heads up as to the situation.  There was no need to drop those cheating allegations and other unnecessary details if you honestly didn't want to create a scene out of it.

It sounds to me like Ben was uncomfortable talking about his personal stuff in public and was trying to keep everything sounding normal until he was out of the spotlight. 

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

It just doesn't add up...  If you wanted to not create a media frenzy maybe you should just contact the reporters (which she said she knew personally), give them a heads up as to the situation.  There was no need to drop those cheating allegations and other unnecessary details if you honestly didn't want to create a scene out of it.

It sounds to me like Ben was uncomfortable talking about his personal stuff in public and was trying to keep everything sounding normal until he was out of the spotlight. 

Unfortunately for one local reporter that's deemed "Living a Lie."

Archived