• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Academic dishonesty is not something that can be ignored

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,679
  • Days Won:  1

While the salacious he said - she said details of a divorce are nothing but tabloid fodder, the accusations of academic dishonesty leveled against Ben Moffitt cannot be ignored.  Ben Moffitt's fitness as a husband and father are not the University's business, but a college football player HAS to be a STUDENT athlete.  If not then college athletics are just low-end pro farm teams, and there's no reason for a university to support it.

USF MUST launch a full-scale and thorough investigation of this immediately, and make completely public everything it finds, no matter how damaging.  Academic dishonesty CANNOT be tolerated.  Period.  I would rather have a football team of honest student-athletes who lose every season than a national championship team of academic cheaters.  Anything else and our values as a university have gotten way out of whack. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

::)

You think?

::)

You think?

Yeah, I do.  It has to be taken seriously and not just dismissed as the rantings of a scorned wife. 

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I'll take championships and cheaters... in the real world where non-teachers make money, people collaborate and work together... If college is suppose to prepare you for the next level, then mutual cooperation should be appropriate.

Ben did the dishes... Shamu supposedly did his papers. That is teamwork.

Personally, I could care less if USF has to forfeit the games this season or over the last five years... deep down... we know who won... so who cares what the end result is as long as we're still playing football this coming season!

Go Bulls!

Here we go.

I don't think anyone is dismissing the alleged cheating...USF is aware of that as Greg certainly made them aware on Thursday it appears.  Of course they have to act - regardless of whether the allegations come from a scorned wife or anyone else.  The cheating is the only story, not the other defacing of Moffitt's character.

• Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

I am sure the University is going to dig into this 100% because remember they are students there.  I just wish some of the personal details were left out of the public's consumption especially when we don't even know if certain things are true or not.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

How can they really prove anything?  Sure she typed up the papers, haven't we all had someone do that while in college?  A girlfriend, or someone who is quick at typing to make it easier.  But if questioned about his notes, couldn't he say he's thrown them out already?  Its really a he said/she said in my opinion.  Just because she typed them up, doesn't mean she wrote them.

• Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

Too bad she did not try to do some of his training, maybe they would still be together ;)

I'll take championships and cheaters... in the real world where non-teachers make money, people collaborate and work together... If college is suppose to prepare you for the next level, then mutual cooperation should be appropriate.

Ben did the dishes... Shamu supposedly did his papers. That is teamwork.

Personally, I could care less if USF has to forfeit the games this season or over the last five years... deep down... we know who won... so who cares what the end result is as long as we're still playing football this coming season!

Go Bulls!

Here we go.

I don't think anyone is dismissing the alleged cheating...USF is aware of that as Greg certainly made them aware on Thursday it appears.  Of course they have to act - regardless of whether the allegations come from a scorned wife or anyone else.  The cheating is the only story, not the other defacing of Moffitt's character.

Like I said, Ben Moffitt's fitness as a husband and father is between him and his family.  It's none of our business. 

But academic cheating, if true, DOES impugn his character, period.  If he cheated, he lowered the value of the degree of all USF alumni and defrauded every taxpayer in the state. 

If he cheated, he lowered the value of the degree of all USF alumni and defrauded every taxpayer in the state. 

Well that's a little dramatic and a certain exaggeration, but okay.

Right on with the rest sir.

Archived