• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Academic dishonesty is not something that can be ignored

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,679
  • Days Won:  1

you've got to remember that this has all stemmed from one woman angry because she has been left.

no big scandal.

no program wide issue.

just one angry woman.

I hope you're right.  The wife alledged that everyone on the team including a staff member was aware of ongoing cheating.  If true, that's a scandal and a program-wide issue.  Her motives are certainly suspect, there doesn't appear to be any corroborating evidence, and I hope she's lying.  But as it stands now there's always going to be doubt. It's not fair, but it's a fact.  A thorough investigation by the University would go a long way toward mitigating that doubt, and prevent "the Ben Moffitt episode" from being brought up in the future. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

you've got to remember that this has all stemmed from one woman angry because she has been left.

no big scandal.

no program wide issue.

just one angry woman.

I hope you're right.  The wife alledged that everyone on the team including a staff member was aware of ongoing cheating.  If true, that's a scandal and a program-wide issue.  Her motives are certainly suspect, there doesn't appear to be any corroborating evidence, and I hope she's lying.  But as it stands now there's always going to be doubt. It's not fair, but it's a fact.  A thorough investigation by the University would go a long way toward mitigating that doubt, and prevent "the Ben Moffitt episode" from being brought up in the future. 

I have no doubt.... that she is an angry woman.  And even if he cheated, its one guy, and its on him.  I can't fathom that in any of this is there some kind of conspiracy to push Ben through school. 

• Content Count:  19,270
  • Days Won:  255

So you are trying to say that you overreacted?

Based on media reports this weekend it sounds like there will be no formal investigation as no evidence of program involvement has arisen other than the wife's accusation.  I have no idea what's happened informally, but I hope the result is that the chain of discipline has been yanked hard by someone on the whole program, and that the players themselves will not tolerate anyone cheating on coursework.  Maybe it's always been that way and there wasn't any yanking necessary.  I hope so.

You've got to remember that this is a non-professional COLLEGE team of athletes who are eligible to play because they are college students earning degrees.  If they cheat on that they are cheating at the game.  You do not want USF's football program to be associated in any way with any form of academic wrongdoing.  It would hurt the program far more than a Sun Bowl beat down ever could. 

• Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

see now that is just nonsense. Im over this story, she blew this way out of the water. Maybe we can get CSI teamed up with linguistic intelligence and compare the two's papers. WWEEE CAN GET TO THE BOTTTOM OFF THISSS!!!!...lol...It has never been ignored. This topic is a big issue. I played baseball at usf and I'll tell you they stressed it alot to us. Our coaches and advisors. Usf does a pretty good job with it.

Archived