• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone else glad they didn't drop the $$$?

Guest JulmisteForPrez

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

I hope I don't see any posts from the likes of you about USF not getting chosen for a better bowl game b/c we don't travel as well as another team.  We travelled to El Paso, are still there spending our USF dollars, had a great time (except for the game obviously) and would do it again in a heartbeat.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

Great, Ricky.

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself.

I just know I'm WAY into this team, and I know that I would have been placed on suicide watch on the flight back (obviously an exaggeration, but you get the idea).

It would have been a significant financial (and time) sacrifice for my wife and I to have made the trip.  We decided to forego it this year, and after that game, I am glad we did.

Just being honest.

Still love my school and my team.

But honestly, holding nothing back, I'm glad we saved $$, vacation days, etc. and watched that TRAVESTY on HDTV.

I think I better understand your viewpoint now and, while I'm not quite to suicide watch levels, I'm extremely disappointed that we didn't win.  Despite spending the money to get here, I still feel I got value for my trip.  Being with other fans at an away game and experiencing new cities and their unique flavor are fun experiences and I recommend it to anyone. 

Yes, we were at Auburn and were able to relish that win, but I can honestly say that this trip was still enjoyable.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

I hope I don't see any posts from the likes of you about USF not getting chosen for a better bowl game...

Or what?

Are you going to call the "message board police" on me?

Wake up, folks.

Can we please get real and desist with all the "I'm a better fan than you" crapola?

This is positively gay.

If you had gone, you'd say "I had a great time and am still glad i went."

But you stayed home and want to justify your inability to travel. 

Its not a better fan than you thing its a quit ******** thing.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

If you had gone, you'd say "I had a great time and am still glad i went."

But you stayed home and want to justify your inability to travel.   

Its not a better fan than you thing its a quit ******** thing.

Wrong.

First of all, "inability" would be inaccurate.  Could have made it happen, chose not to.

Secondly, yes...people here ARE trying to make this a better fan thing.  Read some of the posts on this and other threads, would you?

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I certainly was not happy with the game, but I cartaiunly enjoyed being able to be a part of Bulls Nation. I only wish that we could have been able to fly, the drive is a beast.  We are still in Bulls gear as we drive thru Texas on our way to North Carolina for snow before driving home to Florida

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Holy crap.

Anyone else glad they didn't drop hundreds or thousands of dollars on the flight / lodging / food / tickets, etc?

I was considering it, but man......what a waste of hard earned $$$.

That's a looooooooooooong trip back for those who went.

we had fun but loss was a bitter pill to swallow

i never let result of game ruin trip as i did when i was a young whippersnapper

always go with intent of having fun regardless of result but i am sitting in rosebowl right now also having a great time

• Content Count:  6,836
  • Days Won:  22

Just got back from El Paso and as bad as we played and as bad as I felt at our team not playing would do it again in a heartbeat.

If you didnt go you guys missed out on a lot of other activities. It was great fun and pride seeing the thousands of USF fans wearing their colors around El Paso. We outnumbered Oregon fans. The Battle of the Bands at the convention center was fun. The people of El Paso were very friendly and got to eat some great Mexican food as well as some of the best ribs I have ever eaten. Carlsbad caverns were AMAZING and the cool weather was quite a nice break from the flrida heat.

A Bowl experience is much more than just a game and the Sun Bowl was a great experience.

• Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

If you are going to be that stupid than why post here guys. I will support the team no matter what even if they played like crap. If the score had been the other way around than you would be wishing you were here so to start saying crap like that is pittiful. Yes the team played bad, but if you only want to go to games the team wins than get back on your wagon and get the hell out of here. I still enjoyed the trip and will go to every bowl I am able to because I will SUPPORT the TEAM win or lose.

Ditto.  Also sitting in the hotel room in El Paso.  Not happy about the outcome but who knew until we came out here to support the team. Got to meet a lot of the Board members at Jaxon's last night.  I had no money on bets so no loss financially.  The trip here to El Paso has been fun - expensive, but fun.

As fans, how do we expect to see the program, tradition, etc grow without supporting them through the good and bad.

We were beaten by a better team today.  We could have game planned differently, but Oregon was bigger, quicker (yes, Florida isn't the only state with fast people) and better prepared.  A few less interceptions would have only made the score closer but that was a real good team on the other side of the ball today.

The program MUST learn from this if they want to be a real player.   Quickness only gets you so far.  Lineman need to be big AND quick.  Selvie was not a factor as he was not against larger O Lines. 

I am not bashing the team but there was an obvious difference in overall talent on the field today.  Their 3rd or 4th string QB looked as good as our number 1. 

Off point for some of this so I'll just say I'm glad we spent the money to make the trip.  A visit for Judy and Doug at our meeting last night let us know how much they truly appreciated the support.

DITTO!!!

• Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

Still wish I would've went... Bowl games are fun, win or lose (see carcrap).

Archived