• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone else glad they didn't drop the $$$?

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Still wish I would've went... Bowl games are fun, win or lose (see carcrap).

Once again.....it's not the LOSING.....it's the OBLITERATION.

I've been to road games we've lost, but at least looked like a 1-A football team.

That's the difference. 

Still glad we stayed home.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[glow=yellow,2,300]If you make the trip you have to look at it as a vacation.[/glow]  I thought I may end up having to travel on business so I didn't go, but if I did it would have been a trip to El Paso to see the area and sights of El Paso as well as a football game.

That being said, I would have been very disappointed in the $60 or so I spent to attend the game, as our entire team didn't give anything resembling an effort.  Still I wish I could have made it.  Sun Bowl is only a twice every two years for the BE (and that could change when bowls are renegotiated) so who knows when USF will have another chance.

I had a great time.  The trip was not just about the game... if it were, I would not be happy.  And I'm not only talking about the team on the field.  The locals who were at the game were atrocious.  They were bored the whole game... a few came by and said we should let the team play, they're better than the players.

Most of El Paso was great.  Most people went out of their way to thank us.  The Fan Fiesta was A LOT of fun ... Every bowl committee needs to see it to know how it's done... (the fireworks were great, and I can see how they claim to be the best in the SouthWest)... I wish I had made it to Jaxon's, but I went to the Alumni Assn event instead...

I also got to see Juarez... enough to know I should have done something else...  I had some great BBQ at the Rib Hut, and got to eat at a Fuddruckers for the first time in a decade (since they closed the ones here in Florida)...

I also got to see friends I hadn't seeen in a while.

To me, it was worth EVERY PENNY.

I can't wait for the next one.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

As the days go by, I am willing to bet that most USF fans had fun in EL Paso. Yeah we lost bad, but the reality is that it is only a football game. USF fans must have experienced a great time which is the important part. I will never forget the fun time that I had in Charlotte even though we lost.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

Same here, Jim.

If your sole focus is the game - DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY ON THE TRIP! Stay home and sit in front of your TV.

That way the only expenditure is the electricity consumed to operate your television during this time frame. You'll

feel sooooooooooo much better.

On the other hand, this was a road trip of a lifetime. There's no guarantee we'll ever get back to El Paso, and this was

a great opportunity to meet a lot - A LOT  - of other Bulls fans who, interestingly, don't spend every waking hour on

the bulletin board  :-*

I happily parted with my cash to travel and get away for a nice long weekend and a football game. I'd do it again,

even if I knew the outcome in advance.  But that's just me. If your sole reason for going is to watch the game, you're

going to be disappointed. The social aspect of this trip, Jaxon's (with two special guest appearances)...the whole

Bowl Experience is what made it a great trip. 

Worth every single penny!

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Well the Bulls may go up and down but we sure can count on MAB to be an asss>

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Well the Bulls may go up and down but we sure can count on MAB to be an asss>

Yes....my PERSONAL decsion to save my own hard-earned money makes me your rude and inappropriate name?

Your own statement says more about you than I could possibly say in response.

Classless.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

If you had gone, you'd say "I had a great time and am still glad i went."

But you stayed home and want to justify your inability to travel.   

Its not a better fan than you thing its a quit ******** thing.

Wrong.

First of all, "inability" would be inaccurate.  Could have made it happen, chose not to.

Secondly, yes...people here ARE trying to make this a better fan thing.  Read some of the posts on this and other threads, would you?

The whole better fan thing is kind of ludicrous. There are different levels of fandom with none really being "better", just some more "fan"atical than others.

I think maybe the problem people are having is that they're possibly under the impression that the ONLY reason you didn't go is because you didn't want to where there were plenty of Bulls fans that wanted to but weren't able to. Reality is it sounds like in your case you had to make a decision based on finances and getting time off and that those two factors may be better used at another time ..... and that's a decision a lot had to make.

• Content Count:  3,078

I agree with MAB... I had to stop watching the game in the third quarter at home it was so bad and embarrassing.  I would have been furious if I spent $1000 or more to go to watch that in person, so yes I am glad that I didn't go to watch that trainwreck.   

• Content Count:  4,501

Dumb ass

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

I didn't get to go to the Meinekie Car Care bowl and still would've given anything to have gone despite the loss (unfortunately I couldn't afford to loose my job to get the time off to go).

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I think you won't find any fan that went to El Paso that regrets going or spending the money. If you manage to I'd venture to bet they flew in monday morning and flew out immediately after the game.

Shoop, Cousin Ricky, and Smazza all put it best in their first posts (agreeing with smazza, isn't that grounds for hanging around these parts?). I won't repeat what they said...just say I'm glad I got to go!

I've traveled a lot for sports events and this trip was a great experience.

Archived