• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone else glad they didn't drop the $$$?

Guest JulmisteForPrez

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

No. Met a bunch of awesome Bulls fans, and other than the 4 hour ass whipping had a great time. Saved a lot of money in Mexico 24 beers for $34 :cheers. People were super nice. Locals were just as pissed as us because most of them bet on us. Kept telling one guy we are a strong second half team. ::) We out numbered Oregon fans by a long shot. Best quote I have seen "Florida got their asses kicked by Nebraska the year before they won the national CHAMPIONSHIP". Do not plan on missing any bowl games we attend. See ya next season !   

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  444
  • Days Won:  0

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in that grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.  - Theodore Roosevelt

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

Secondly, when I take a roadtrip, my main purpose is the ballgame.  I realize I'm probably different than a lot of folks here in that regard, but that's the way I handle it.  I'm not a drinker, so the bars, parties, etc. are a non-factor for me.  I like seeing new cities / sights, and everything, but I am well aware of the fact that the reason I am spending all that $$$$ is because I'm there for a football game.

Make sense?

Actually, no, it doesn't make sense. You emphatically pointed out earlier that the reason you didn't go had nothing to do with your ability to go. That being the case, and the football game being the main reason you'd go, how could you pass up that matchup? Our first ever game against a Pac 10 game. A football game that, based on pregame analysis, would pit two pretty evenly matched teams with USF actually being favored to win ..... Sorry, doesn't make any sense at all why you wouldn't want to go.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  164

I guess it is fine for some to think they are NOT wasting money by avoiding going to a losing bowl game. I would ask those same people the following:

1) have you ever been to a bowl game?

2) have you been to a road game?

3) does the teams record influence whether you go to any game period?

1) have you ever been to a bowl game?  Yes indeed.

2) have you been to a road game? Yes indeed.

3) does the teams record influence whether you go to any game period? Nope

Sorry to break it to you, MikeG, or arbiter of the "true fan," but I just might pass your standardized test for "true fanhood" afterall.

Then again, I'm sure you can figure out a way to throw some additional requirements in there so only the likes of you and those who always agree with you will be considered true fans by the illustrious message board stars here.

You crack me up.

once again you quote some small portion of my post but do not include the part that completely REFUTES what you are accusing me of.

Here is the entire post...

I actually feel sorry for bandwagon fans like you who just don't "get it". You support the program win or lose. We need more fans like those who went to ElPaso over idiots like you.

is this necessary?

i guess anyone who doesn't chug the kool-aid and analyses their team objectively is an "idiot."

how mature of u.

i don't agree with the OP's sentiment that the trip is a waste if we don't win, but u need to grow up and put that "idiot" talk back in the holster, big guy.

I kind of took what the original poster was saying as calling those of us who did go on the bowl trip as "idiots"-- maybe not in those exact words. THat is kind of like calling someone an idiot for going on a trip to some place and having a natural disaster like a hurricane suddenly hit the island--- as if those people are somehow to blame for wht transpired.

I guess it is fine for some to think they are NOT wasting money by avoiding going to a losing bowl game. I would ask those same people the following:

1) have you ever been to a bowl game?

2) have you been to a road game?

3) does the teams record influence whether you go to any game period?

Road trips are first and foremost vacations for fans. THe element of the game is a great backdrop to that and it does help to win. But I've had some of the best road trips in spite of our team losing (Penn State, OU and Bama were great times-- lots of fun with other USF fans).

This isn't a "I'm a better fan than you" BS commentary. Simply an explanation as to why some of us make a point to travel to road games and especially the bowl games when we can. Money aside-- that was a well run bowl trip-- quite enjoyable-- despite the loss.

Then again-- I've disagreed with MAB on so many things USF related that I've come to expect outrageous comments, opinions, and arguments from them. And surprise surprise-- they surface after a loss. This type of behavior is noticed by board regulars like me-- we find it annoying.

Now please tell me WHERE in that post I talk about anyone being a SUPERFAN.

nevermind-- you'll just take some small portion of what I wrote here, claim your own twisted superiority, and then throw in some dancing bear icons or some other lame ass incredible juvenile response.

Through with you or discussing/reading/thinking about anything you possibly have to say about anything ever again-- back on ignore and this time-- forever. I advise others to follow suit.

Archived