• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kevin Smith is coming back

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

The amount of free press he will get will be worth many millions of dollars to UCF.  He will be on the cover of many magazines, be the subject of many more articles and be on every preseason all american team.  He will get heisman hype out the ying yang.  This will be a huge financial win for UCF.

You're all banking on the fact that he will have another season exactly like this one.  You're assuming that he will gain all of those yard (again), score all of those TDs (again), and be injury-free for the entire season.  Not to upset you or anything, but sometimes, things don't happen how you want them to.

Should none of the above happen, Kevin Smith will have made the stupidest decision of his entire life.  He should've left.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Kevin Smith will have another outstanding year... when you get the rock 40 times a game and rush against Division-III caliber defenses in the worst 1-A conference in the country, you're bound to put up astronomical numbers.

• Content Count:  442
  • Days Won:  0

During spring and fall practice last year, Smith was leaning toward turning pro after his junior year depending on health and production.  We all know he had a very productive year (even if some feel it was against lower level compitition).  As most 21 year olds (think back to when we were all that age) minds can change due to alot of circumstances.  He has developed a special (almost father like) relationship with O'leary whom he places a great deal of trust and advice on.  I am sure alot of USF players have that similar trust with levitte (or some mentor). 

O'leary presented options to both him and his mom that were gathered from NFL executives and current pros.  From that information, his decision was made.  Whether we agree or diasgree, he is doing what he feels is best for him. 

As for next year, I don't see him carrying the ball 35+ times, because we will have a different style QB, more expierenced RB's and WR's which will change our game plan to a certain extent.  His yardage will probably be lower, but his strenght and knowledge will be greater.  Granted, injuries can happen.  That is part of the game.  Only time will tell if he made the correct decision or not regarding this year.

because we will have a different style QB

The same "different style QB" that came in against us and did less than good old Israel?

• Content Count:  2,239

Because noone but USF can improve.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

He has developed a special (almost father like) relationship with O'leary whom he places a great deal of trust and advice on. 

That was his first mistake right there!  He would go no lower than the third round.  Go get your money kid.

• Content Count:  132

The same "different style QB" that came in against us and did less than good old Israel?

US, what is this Us crap.  Tell me, from Section 124, seat 23 and 24, how many tackles did you make?

I would guess that since UCF started a bunch of freshman receivers, a QB without much talent for throwing the ball and a boat load of freshman on the defense, UCF will improve a lot next year.  Everyone is thinking that Greco will be the starter next year, my money is on Weatherford, he is a very good QB and can make all the throws. 

• Content Count:  442

He has developed a special (almost father like) relationship with O'leary whom he places a great deal of trust and advice on. 

That was his first mistake right there!  He would go no lower than the third round.  Go get your money kid.

Which is exactly why we need the smack board back.  Hard to have an intelligent conversation with some of you.

US, what is this Us crap.  Tell me, from Section 124, seat 23 and 24, how many tackles did you make?

I would guess that since UCF started a bunch of freshman receivers, a QB without much talent for throwing the ball and a boat load of freshman on the defense, UCF will improve a lot next year.  Everyone is thinking that Greco will be the starter next year, my money is on Weatherford, he is a very good QB and can make all the throws. 

I tackled ur mom

Seriously, my reply makes about as much sense as yours.  You are splitting hairs.  You know I meant USF, you dink.

• Content Count:  18

All must stop and worship to he all great USF Gods.  USF is so great, everyone loves USF, ALL worship CJL.

Archived