• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wow.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Sometimes women hover, or sit, and I pee when I poo.     I sit when I poo...  I sit when I pee???   

No, I'm not a feminist.   It just caught my attention.  Like I said, I'm not the PC police. 

However, the derision is that men should not act like women and any womanly trait that a man might exhibit could easily cause him to be ostracized by his peers and even called a "queer."   But this idea that men shall not be like women because men are superior dates way back to Roman and Greek times and has carried on throughout the millenia in various forms.   For example, even amongst the greeks and romans it was looked down upon to be the "bottom" or the male recipient in a homosexual encounter.  To be penetrated was equal to that of being a woman, and women have always been inferior in our historic cultural roots.   Even today terms like "sissy" or "girlie" are used by men to motivate young boys to play harder in sports. No one wants to be girly, no one wants to be a sissy.  Why? Because it is BETTER to be a man.  Even in the business world, women are encouraged to take on traditionally male behaviors in order to succeed.   I don't really need to lecture on the existence of the male bias, there is plenty of existing SCIENTIFIC literature in the fields of SOCIOLOGY, HISTORY, and PSYCHOLOGY (not just women's studies) that can better explain and back up their claims that a male bias has existed, still exists, and is pervasive in our culture (one aspect being language).   

And to further my point,  Grateful dad used "squat to pee" as an insult.  He used the idea of being "women-like" as an insult.  Just another small piece to a vary large puzzle in the whole equality and Justice issues we face here in America.

I could also go on to explain how the defense of such colloquialisms as "harmless" is the VERY NEXT STEP in the upholding of this very serious and real social injustice that exists today.

All this is to say that we should respect women, and the women on this site, even if they are laid back enough to shrug things like this off.  Yet again, perhaps it is the pervasiveness of such attitudes that has numbed women to this disturbing use of language.

BAck to what I originally wanted to say:  a lot of people don't really think about this kind of stuff and I thought that it would be useful and insightful.

As a disclaimer: I in no way want to condemn Grateful Dad as a sexist or any thing else.  I am no better than he, and I'm sure if anyone went digging they could find at least one prejudiced or socially destructive attitude in a post of mine.    I only wish to encourage us all to remember that the little things like this are what add up to big social problems and we should all as a good group of people actively work against such things in our own lives as well as attempting to educate others on these types of social issues. 

I have a weird feeling that I may have boiled the tar and plucked the chicken in these two posts.......   maybe I should lay low for a while.  lol

Whoa!  That was deeeeeep!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I sit down when I pee in the middle of the night.  My night vision sucks, plus the cat tries to jump in the toilet when you lift it up...

• Content Count:  1,679

Sometimes women hover, or sit, and I pee when I poo.    I sit when I poo...  I sit when I pee??? 

No, I'm not a feminist.  It just caught my attention.  Like I said, I'm not the PC police. 

<blah blah blah>

I have a weird feeling that I may have boiled the tar and plucked the chicken in these two posts.......  maybe I should lay low for a while.  lol

ahh yes, a postmodernist lecture on the power of discourse.

Indeed.  Pick and choose this sentence and that sentence, imply hidden intentions and underlying motives, when convenient claim science supports it, then claim science is biased when it doesn't. 

After the Sokal hoax how can anyone take this nonsense seriously?  It's like listening to the ramblings of a bunch of drunk sociology majors who no one asked to the prom.

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

That was just plain sick -  I couldn't even watch the whole thing.

• Content Count:  1,985

I am sure this was made by three of their best graduate graphic arts students, which explains why they give you a name tag instead of a diploma at that school.

I like the fact that it is actually sponsored by a dating service.  The only way UCF students can get a date, well a first date until they mention they actually attended UCF.

• Content Count:  1,297

I sit down when I pee in the middle of the night.  My night vision sucks, plus the cat tries to jump in the toilet when you lift it up...

Sometimes at night I sit to pee as well.........not because of night vision problems, but just because I'm half alseep and don't feel like standing. 

• Content Count:  1,679

Sometimes at night I sit to pee as well.........not because of night vision problems, but just because I'm half alseep and don't feel like standing. 

Thank-you for sharing.  Do you sit to change your tampon as well?

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

Truth is, I' not out to make enemies or to make an ass out of myself, though I probably did by opening my mouth the first time.  With that "correction" I feel like I should leave this "argument" that really is nothing but me being a fool in front of people who are currently staring at me with one eyebrow raised and three fingers on the letters w, t, and f.  Oh, and BigBully, I guess I can say thanks to you for not deciding to just say "wtf, this kid is gonna get it" and just insult me until I cried (which I am surprised that you didn't). 

LOL.

i would never discourage someone from sharing their opinion or discussing issues like this.  in fact, i commend u for it... and i actually agree with u wholeheartedly about the power of language.  American discourse is not only dictated by men, but white, heterosexual, judeo-Christian men, which alienates a far greater spectrum of people than just women.

BUT...

there are, in reality, differences between men and women.  there is nothing fundamentally wrong with those differences.  i'm one of those people that LOVE women because they are NOT men (maybe that's just the heterosexual male part of me), and i assume there are large numbers of women who love men because they are not women.

so the insult about squatting to pee isnt that women's techniques for peeing are inferior to mens', but that men who squat to pee are behaving contrary to their gender role, which in ANY culture would be considered strange, if not negative.  sorta like if your dog violation in a litter box and your cat goes outside to handle his duty.  its the role reversal, not the act itself, that is considered abnormal.

besides, if women themselves dont even squat to pee (except in the woods, or in public bathrooms-- in which case it would be "hovering," not squatting), then squatting itself becomes abnormal for MOST people of either sex and shouldnt be interpreted as derogatory towards women in particular.  hell, if u met a woman who squatted every time she peed rather than simply sit down on the seat, you'd probably think she was a nut too.

well UCiFers are just that nutty.  :D

now if u want a really sexist statement, the UCiFer who made that website is a b*tch who was probably on his rag when he made it! 

:tongue

(i'm being facetious, of course)

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

Thank-you for sharing.  Do you sit to change your tampon as well?

:ROFLMAO

i nominate EduBull for poster of the week.

plus that "Elvis with a camel toe" pic is comedy!

Archived