• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wow.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  211
  • Days Won:  0

Sometimes women hover, or sit, and I pee when I poo.    I sit when I poo...  I sit when I pee??? 

No, I'm not a feminist.  It just caught my attention.  Like I said, I'm not the PC police. 

However, the derision is that men should not act like women and any womanly trait that a man might exhibit could easily cause him to be ostracized by his peers and even called a "queer."  But this idea that men shall not be like women because men are superior dates way back to Roman and Greek times and has carried on throughout the millenia in various forms.  For example, even amongst the greeks and romans it was looked down upon to be the "bottom" or the male recipient in a homosexual encounter.  To be penetrated was equal to that of being a woman, and women have always been inferior in our historic cultural roots.  Even today terms like "sissy" or "girlie" are used by men to motivate young boys to play harder in sports. No one wants to be girly, no one wants to be a sissy.  Why? Because it is BETTER to be a man.  Even in the business world, women are encouraged to take on traditionally male behaviors in order to succeed.  I don't really need to lecture on the existence of the male bias, there is plenty of existing SCIENTIFIC literature in the fields of SOCIOLOGY, HISTORY, and PSYCHOLOGY (not just women's studies) that can better explain and back up their claims that a male bias has existed, still exists, and is pervasive in our culture (one aspect being language). 

And to further my point,  Grateful dad used "squat to pee" as an insult.  He used the idea of being "women-like" as an insult.  Just another small piece to a vary large puzzle in the whole equality and Justice issues we face here in America.

I could also go on to explain how the defense of such colloquialisms as "harmless" is the VERY NEXT STEP in the upholding of this very serious and real social injustice that exists today.

All this is to say that we should respect women, and the women on this site, even if they are laid back enough to shrug things like this off.  Yet again, perhaps it is the pervasiveness of such attitudes that has numbed women to this disturbing use of language.

BAck to what I originally wanted to say:  a lot of people don't really think about this kind of stuff and I thought that it would be useful and insightful.

As a disclaimer: I in no way want to condemn Grateful Dad as a sexist or any thing else.  I am no better than he, and I'm sure if anyone went digging they could find at least one prejudiced or socially destructive attitude in a post of mine.    I only wish to encourage us all to remember that the little things like this are what add up to big social problems and we should all as a good group of people actively work against such things in our own lives as well as attempting to educate others on these types of social issues. 

I have a weird feeling that I may have boiled the tar and plucked the chicken in these two posts.......  maybe I should lay low for a while.  lol

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Are you for real?

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

Sometimes women hover, or sit, and I pee when I poo.     I sit when I poo...  I sit when I pee???   

No, I'm not a feminist.   It just caught my attention.  Like I said, I'm not the PC police. 

However, the derision is that men should not act like women and any womanly trait that a man might exhibit could easily cause him to be ostracized by his peers and even called a "queer."   But this idea that men shall not be like women because men are superior dates way back to Roman and Greek times and has carried on throughout the millenia in various forms.   For example, even amongst the greeks and romans it was looked down upon to be the "bottom" or the male recipient in a homosexual encounter.  To be penetrated was equal to that of being a woman, and women have always been inferior in our historic cultural roots.   Even today terms like "sissy" or "girlie" are used by men to motivate young boys to play harder in sports. No one wants to be girly, no one wants to be a sissy.  Why? Because it is BETTER to be a man.  Even in the business world, women are encouraged to take on traditionally male behaviors in order to succeed.   I don't really need to lecture on the existence of the male bias, there is plenty of existing SCIENTIFIC literature in the fields of SOCIOLOGY, HISTORY, and PSYCHOLOGY (not just women's studies) that can better explain and back up their claims that a male bias has existed, still exists, and is pervasive in our culture (one aspect being language).   

And to further my point,  Grateful dad used "squat to pee" as an insult.  He used the idea of being "women-like" as an insult.  Just another small piece to a vary large puzzle in the whole equality and Justice issues we face here in America.

I could also go on to explain how the defense of such colloquialisms as "harmless" is the VERY NEXT STEP in the upholding of this very serious and real social injustice that exists today.

All this is to say that we should respect women, and the women on this site, even if they are laid back enough to shrug things like this off.  Yet again, perhaps it is the pervasiveness of such attitudes that has numbed women to this disturbing use of language.

BAck to what I originally wanted to say:  a lot of people don't really think about this kind of stuff and I thought that it would be useful and insightful.

As a disclaimer: I in no way want to condemn Grateful Dad as a sexist or any thing else.  I am no better than he, and I'm sure if anyone went digging they could find at least one prejudiced or socially destructive attitude in a post of mine.    I only wish to encourage us all to remember that the little things like this are what add up to big social problems and we should all as a good group of people actively work against such things in our own lives as well as attempting to educate others on these types of social issues. 

I have a weird feeling that I may have boiled the tar and plucked the chicken in these two posts.......   maybe I should lay low for a while.  lol

ahh yes, a postmodernist lecture on the power of discourse.

again, there is nothing wrong with squatting to pee.  there is nothing "better" about standing to pee, either. 

there is, however, something wrong with having intellectual debates about your preferred technique for peeing and pooing.

the fact is, there are established gender roles in American culture.  if u think its normal for men to squat, that's great!  i personally think it's normal to laugh at men who squat.  as long as nobody is trying to deny your constitutional right to squat and my constitutional right to laugh at u, we don't have a problem.

lol, I'm pretty ridiculous  :D      I must apologize, its just that I'm not very good at exercising my inhibition when thoughts like this pop into my head.  I see a subtle form  of linguistic inequalities... it makes me think...  then I just can't resist saying something. 

The "squatting to pee" is really irrelevant.  Just to try and salvage some legitimacy to what I am saying, and to be a bit more clear in my first post I will go on the record to say this.

I would go back to agree to what you said the first time BigBully,

"squatting to pee" has nothing to do with superior or inferior, it simply has to do with the fact that men don't do it... and those that do are not behaving like men.

there is nothing "inferior" about squatting to pee, or "superior" about standing... but men who squat or women who stand just aint right.

I agree that there are gender roles in our society, and there are also luxuries like toilets in our society as well.  Women don't really squat unless they are in the woods, and thats not really relevant to what we are saying at all.  To correct the point I wanted to make, let me quote and edit the quote: 

There are decent UCiF posters.  Then there are the others...

Talkin' smack to a team that beat you by >50 points qualifies you to squat when you pee.

I know you probably didn't mean anything by saying this.  However, it is important to understand what you say and how you say it.  By saying "squat to pee," you are implying that women are inferior, By telling UCiFers  "Talkin' smack to a team that beat you by >50 points qualifies you to squat when you pee," you are implying that squatting to pee is somehow an insult.  This makes me think that you are saying that by talking smack, the UCiFers are acting like women, how this is true I do not know since these are irrelevant, I rarely meet women who talk smack. This disturbs me because in light of this it is apparent that you are simply deriding their level of manliness with an example that just doesn't make sense.  I know this is getting tedious, but the bottom line is that you are upholding the greatest insult a man can receive: being likened to or called a woman (see later post for an explanation of this insult).  Now there are not a lot of women on this site, and this isn't the PC police coming down on "harmless colloquialisms."  This is the reality that thoughts, jokes, and phrases that imbue this social stigma are what will continue to hold women down as second class to males in this country.  However, there is freedom of speech here, and I'm not saying you have any animosity to women.  I'm just saying:  words uphold thoughts and ideas ,and many people underestimate the power of language on culture and society. 

Just thought it would be interesting to point out and to know. 

Truth is, I' not out to make enemies or to make an ass out of myself, though I probably did by opening my mouth the first time.  With that "correction" I feel like I should leave this "argument" that really is nothing but me being a fool in front of people who are currently staring at me with one eyebrow raised and three fingers on the letters w, t, and f.  Oh, and BigBully, I guess I can say thanks to you for not deciding to just say "wtf, this kid is gonna get it" and just insult me until I cried (which I am surprised that you didn't). 

To the rest of you on this thread, sorry for derailing this topic, it is after all about a common tool known as the UCiFer whom we all enjoy a good belly laugh from now and again.  To that I will again quote something I posted earlier in this thread because I still think it is funny despite its relative neglect:

HAhahahahaha  If we are the man getting eatin by the shark, that makes UCF the turd in the man's colon.

• Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Did someone just get finished reading Catharine MacKinnon's "Only Words" ?

nope I don't know who that is.  Does she present a similar argument?  It wouldn't surprise me, its not like this is novel stuff I am saying.

• Content Count:  749
  • Days Won:  1

Dude,

Soft touchy granola chicks (yes I said it) all over the world are singing your praises, but come on this is a message board.  Go to berkley with a sign or save this kind of rap for open mic nite at the poetry club, the intelligent goth women love this rap

UCiF squats to Pee, poop and take an a$$ whoopin not like a man

Archived