• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

so far 3,600 tickets sold...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

3,600 is not a bad number.

[glow=yellow,2,300]the tickets have only been on sale for about a week.[/glow]

i dont think the ticket app was a very good idea cuz it probably confused or dissuaded non-donors.

people who are planning a trip from Tampa/Florida to El Paso might want the ticket in hand and everything lined up before spending a grand + on airfare and hotel (which is what im looking at right now... still havent made travel plans yet).

Well, Auburn and Clemson both sold their 17,500 ticket allotment to the Chik-Fil-A bowl by Tuesday... sure, these are two historic programs with great fan bases - probably the ultimate programs from that perspective...

I'm willing to bet that everyone who wants to go to El Paso has ordered their tickets by now... and the rest of the sales will be for commemorative packages and for charity/donation purposes.

I'LL BUY TICKETS WHEN I GOT A F**KING RIDE! I NEED TRANSPORTATION. I'M NOT A STUDENT.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I still have my doibts on the number of free student tix that get used, but 3600 is a great number.

As Cuban said Missouri's 2700 really hurt them for a bowl selection this year. It also hurt Oregon State which sent them to the Emerald Bowl.

Neither of those programs travel well historically though.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Triple

Trust me is a BIG reason the Orange Bowl chose Kansas over Mizzou

That's why I said they were nuts when someone said that we were a lock for a BCS bowl even if we didn't win our conf but finished in the top 12 ...

• Content Count:  1,261

i need transportation to the bowl game.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I read where KU guaranteed to buy a certain # for the orange bowl and that's why they got the bid over Mizzou. isn't the chik-fil-a bowl in atlanta? It would take both sets of fans less time to walk there than it would for us to drive to el-paso.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Mizzou's AD promised the same, the Orange Bowl was concerned with last year's bowl numbers.

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

i dont think the ticket app was a very good idea cuz it probably confused or dissuaded non-donors.

people who are planning a trip from Tampa/Florida to El Paso might want the ticket in hand and everything lined up before spending a grand + on airfare and hotel (which is what im looking at right now... still havent made travel plans yet).

Well, Auburn and Clemson both sold their 17,500 ticket allotment to the Chik-Fil-A bowl by Tuesday... sure, these are two historic programs with great fan bases - probably the ultimate programs from that perspective...

I know that they travel well but Atlanta is a little closer to these schools than El Paso is to Tampa.

• Content Count:  869

I'LL BUY TICKETS WHEN I GOT A F**KING RIDE! I NEED TRANSPORTATION. I'M NOT A STUDENT.

NO RIDE FOR YOU!

Sein_soup_nazi.jpg

• Content Count:  1,412

I know that they travel well but Atlanta is a little closer to these schools than El Paso is to Tampa.

that is exactly it!  Auburn is about 1.5-2 hours from Atlanta and Clemson is about 2-3 hours!  They are going to home games!

I called 1-800-go-bulls talked to someone directly and donated 4 tickets and t-shirts to the local needy kids, it may have taken me 5 minutes at most.  I am a green jacket donor as well.  Additionally I was told the kids have to wear the t-shirts to the game.

The cart boys at my club want to go but they really are having a hard time coming up with the scratch and a car that can drive the 28 hours!  They have the tickets as they are students.  The logistics of it are really making it tough on them.

Archived