• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

so far 3,600 tickets sold...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

i havent received email confirmation but my credit card was charged today for the tickets........ummm, at least i hope it was for tickets, lol!!! Will know tomorrow.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

3600 isn't a bad number so far.  There will be a respectable amount sold come Dec 31.  Probably not all 8K, but a good number, possibly eclipising the amount sold for Meineke and Papajohns bowls and those are much closer.  I believe the official #'s sold were 6,200 for Meineke (including commemorative tix) and 5,200 for PJ.com.  So to equal that with a bowl much harder to get to is decent.

• Content Count:  9,762
  • Days Won:  9

Hope that number increases in the next couple of weeks.  They've already accounted for the 1000 student tickets, and I'm guessing the ones bought for the player's families, band, and faculty.  Would love to be somewhere in the 5000 area.  I know its only been a few days, but anyone know how many Oregon has sold so far?

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

i dont think the ticket app was a very good idea cuz it probably confused or dissuaded non-donors.

Just curious, how was it confusing?

It was a good idea to send something like that out, but it might have been better to have it out sooner.

• Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

Also, I remember how slow the tickets were sold for the Meineke bowl game.  I think we were under 2k sold after the first week of sales.

Also, I remember how slow the tickets were sold for the Meineke bowl game.  I think we were under 2k sold after the first week of sales.

Yep, and they could be 'holding' some ticket numbers to make it seem like more were bought later.  I think thats what happened last year too.  There is a method to the madness by the ticket office.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Well, if it makes anyone feel any better, there was scroll on the screen of ESPN regarding ticket sales for Boise State.  Apparently ticket sales are flying there.  They have sold less than 200 (yes, two hundred) tickets to their bowl.

Well, if it makes anyone feel any better, there was scroll on the screen of ESPN regarding ticket sales for Boise State.  Apparently ticket sales are flying there.  They have sold less than 200 (yes, two hundred) tickets to their bowl.

Well, thats cause they are playing in the Chernobyl Bowl........ :o

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

i dont think the ticket app was a very good idea cuz it probably confused or dissuaded non-donors.

Just curious, how was it confusing?

It was a good idea to send something like that out, but it might have been better to have it out sooner.

because the app LOOKED like it was only for donors and season ticket holders.

as a student who is neither a donor nor a season ticket holder, i wasnt sure if the app would work for me, and didnt send it in until the day of the deadline.

i may not be Einstein, but im not stupid... and im sure i wasnt the only one that felt the same way.

besides, putting my CC# on the application, faxing it, then waiting around to see what happens isn't my idea of an efficient way to make major travel plans...  the trip for me and my G/F is gonna be $1000 just for plane tix and hotel.  i'd kinda like to know her ticket is secure before i spend $1000 dollars and find out they didnt process my app or some ****.

not to mention, the application website says "we will email u confirmation"--- but the **** application doesnt have a place to put your email address!  lmao.  i put it on there anyway, but come on.

bottom line, USF is not gonna sell out its ticket allotment...  the application thing was completely unnecessary.

Archived