• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where is the link for the Oregon forum???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

How do you flame anyone when your team mascot is a Duck ?

Daffey ?

Donald ?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

this intersectional game is fun since the two schools will not meet again for a long time

their freshman qb looks good

should be a high scoring game

• Content Count:  1,212

How do you flame anyone when your team mascot is a Duck ?

Daffey ?

Donald ?

Ugly Ducklings? (re: uniforms)

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Links to the message board, the Oregon official site, the Sun Bowl site and USF's Bowl Central are all posted to the upper right of the board..

• Content Count:  12,293

Links to the message board, the Oregon official site, the Sun Bowl site and USF's Bowl Central are all posted to the upper right of the board..

wow brad, that oregon message board...indy or not...gives me a headache to look at

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

this intersectional game is fun since the two schools will not meet again for a long time

It should be a good game, and this is only the second Florida team Oregon has played since 1945 I think.

• Content Count:  24

I am guessing that we can all agree on the best color for a football team.  Sorry about our Oregonian reporter not knowing your knickname, but, hey, give us some time.  By the way, regarding that Fighting Duck, you will recognize him as the old, familiar Donald, only in green instead of blue.  UO got the perpetual free right to use him in some kind of handshake deal with Walt Disney decades ago.  A few years back UO screwed that up somehow and I believe agreed to pay royalties.  The result is that the use of the "Real" Fighting Duck has begun to be pushed into the back seat and the Duck students and more recent UO grads do not feel the same affection for the Donald-Like Fighting Duck and he does not tend to appear on their shirts, hats, and coats like he did we older Ducks.  But, you will see him, as he is still the official mascot in the games.  And he can take care of himself, too:  The Duck mascot got suspended for a game this season for beating up (literally) the opposing team's mascot.  Now, don't get me wrong, that is not intended as a threat to the Bull.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I am guessing that we can all agree on the best color for a football team.  Sorry about our Oregonian reporter not knowing your knickname, but, hey, give us some time.  By the way, regarding that Fighting Duck, you will recognize him as the old, familiar Donald, only in green instead of blue.  UO got the perpetual free right to use him in some kind of handshake deal with Walt Disney decades ago.  A few years back UO screwed that up somehow and I believe agreed to pay royalties.  The result is that the use of the "Real" Fighting Duck has begun to be pushed into the back seat and the Duck students and more recent UO grads do not feel the same affection for the Donald-Like Fighting Duck and he does not tend to appear on their shirts, hats, and coats like he did we older Ducks.  But, you will see him, as he is still the official mascot in the games.  And he can take care of himself, too:  The Duck mascot got suspended for a game this season for beating up (literally) the opposing team's mascot.  Now, don't get me wrong, that is not intended as a threat to the Bull.

I have to say, I always wondered how it was that UO got to have Donald roaming the sidelines...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

IMG_0402.JPG

IMG_0403.JPG

IMG_0404.JPG

not to worry-- our Bull can take care of himself

• Content Count:  2,661

By the way, regarding that Fighting Duck, you will recognize him as the old, familiar Donald, only in green instead of blue.  UO got the perpetual free right to use him in some kind of handshake deal with Walt Disney decades ago.  A few years back UO screwed that up somehow and I believe agreed to pay royalties.

Interestingly, Oregon isn't the only Division I school with a real cartoon character for a mascot.

Click here for answer

Hint: it's someone USF has played recently.

Archived