• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Boo-hoo for WVU (article)

GarySJ

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,753
  • Days Won:  3

After watching WVU play last night, just being honest, I have to think they'd get waxed playing for the NC.

Did WVU just step on it, or has Pitt made phenomenal strides over the past week?  :-*

I know, I know, there's almost a month between now and game day, but that didn't look like a #2 team.

I was also flipping back and forth to Missouri & Oklahoma....

It would be nice to have a BE team play for the NC...but I'd really rather have a team that could WIN the NC

represent, rather than a team that could get blown out. Kind of like...picking your battles.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,595
  • Days Won:  29

RR didn't give any credit to Pitt's D ... they shut them down !

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

I know we were supposed to be cheering for WVU to win because it would be great for the Big East-yadda yadda... but I am feeling devilsh  >:D and secretly ecstatic inside that they lost!!!

I pretty much feel the same way.

We get the SAME BCS money either way.

I'm tired of seeing Florida players, who we are after, going there instead of USF.

Hopefully this will knock them back a peg or two. LOL

Bubbles & Mama I'm with you!!!

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

After watching WVU play last night, just being honest, I have to think they'd get waxed playing for the NC.

Did WVU just step on it, or has Pitt made phenomenal strides over the past week?  :-*

I know, I know, there's almost a month between now and game day, but that didn't look like a #2 team.

I was also flipping back and forth to Missouri & Oklahoma....

It would be nice to have a BE team play for the NC...but I'd really rather have a team that could WIN the NC

represent, rather than a team that could get blown out. Kind of like...picking your battles.

LSU didn't look good against Tennessee and lost to Arkansas the week before.  Oklahoma didn't look good against Colorado or Texas Tech.  Ohio State didn't play many teams all year and lost to Illinois.  Every single team this year had at least 1 bad game.  Everyone is saying USC is so awesome now but they only beat 2 bowl teams all year.  Yeah, that's right, USC only beat 2 bowl teams all year.  WVU could have won the NC and probably would have been favored to do so.

That said, I was also happy Pitt was winning when I watched the game.  I've said all along that I know it would have been good for the big east but I can't root for a rival to win the national championship.  The downside is now UConn is technically co-champ of the Big East.

• Content Count:  148

As much fun as it is to see WVU lose, I have to say, that if we never have any team playing in the NC game it adds to the lack of respect for the Big East.  Just think, it would have been mentioned over and over and over again nationally, that WVU only had one loss to USF.  Also, given how the Computer ranks teams, we get more points if the teams we have beaten do well.  Of all the teams in the Big East (well I guess Syracuse could have been worse) to lose to a team with a losing record, at home.  Its like the SEC always SEEMS to send a team, that's part of the reason, people argue that is the best conference. 

I gotta say, I don't like WVU, I hate them, but the Big East Conference Champion lost to a 5-7 team at home, regardless of what name they give to the game.  Who wouldn't want to see LSU or OSU v. WVU?  Its games like this seriously resolve disputes.  I wish WVU showed up. 

• Content Count:  21,033
  • Days Won:  38

It's their fault.  If they were so unstoppable they should have been able to beat PITT at home.  I mean yeah it looks bad for the Big East but it's the reality.  How can the Big East look good right now?  Let's see what happens in the bowl games...

I agree 100%...it was their fault...it certainly wasn't ours, but we already did as much as we could do to them this year, we beat them.  With three teams not going, nobody really cares about the International or Pizza bowl.  MCC Bowl is just above mediocre.  It looks like our Bowl and WVU's is really all that matters. 

You can even subtract ours, because when we win, just like in the WVU game, the press will make sure the world knows that we beat the Ducks without Dixon.  Whereas, IMO WVU has a better chance of beating LSU than OSU has. 

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

RR didn't give any credit to Pitt's D ... they shut them down !

C'mon, ET!  You know as well as I do that no one, NO ONE can shut down WVU's potent, high-powered offense.  We certainly didn't accomplish that in September of this year or November of last year.

Everyone knows that it is WVU's turnovers and Pat White getting hurt as to why they lose any game.  There are no other explanations for WVU losing.  None.

/end rant

Maybe, maybe...missed feild goals.

Archived