• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I guess Rod Smith's boys had one more loss in them

SANJAY

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I don't live for the polls--- they are an afterthought. Being ranked is more like getting kudos-- I just want to watch USF football and more importantly, USF winning football games

That's what frosts me when the media starts saying stuff like USF is a pretender or a former Cinderella. Well, who said we were either of those things in the first place? The media, that's who.

By the way, when does everyone start pointing out that California was #2 in early October and they completely jumped the tracks to finish 6-6?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

Did you see Rodriguez last night. This guy was whining more to the refs than Hillary is to Obama. My gosh, he spent more time cry babying to the officials than looking at his play book. You see, this is how Schiano and Rodriguez get calls their way, They cry baby so much to the refs, the refs don't want to hear it anymore so they call against the opponent. What a jerk!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

perhaps --- not sure how shortchanged we are getting other than in the Coaches Poll-- which is fairly meaningless since it is not used in the BCS formula

I don't live for the polls--- they are an afterthought. Being ranked is more like getting kudos-- I just want to watch USF football and more importantly, USF winning football games

I'm pretty sure the coaches poll IS used in the BCS rankings.  It is the AP Poll that isn't used.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  158

perhaps --- not sure how shortchanged we are getting other than in the Coaches Poll-- which is fairly meaningless since it is not used in the BCS formula

I'm pretty sure the coaches poll IS used in the BCS rankings.  It is the AP Poll that isn't used.

oops--- I was a little tired when I wrote that. Correct-- coaches poll is used--- but to me, it is more or less meaningnless in terms of actually representing the truth

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

oops--- I was a little tired when I wrote that. Correct-- coaches poll is used--- but to me, it is more or less meaningnless in terms of actually representing the truth

I've done that a few times myself.

The point I was trying to make is that in the current BCS system a conference might get a second BCS bowl and the human voters might have  taken away that possibility from USF.

For example, If you look at the college football ranking comparison site before this week's games which includes 117 various systems, USF #13, Cincy #18 and UConn #25. As I said before, the BCS computers had us #15 and Cincy #T20 and UConn #22 . It seems pretty clear that the Big East teams are getting shafted, since Harris had us #25 and the coaches #27. Their placement of us wouldn't matter all that much, except if it kept us out of a second BCS game, which I doubt it did, but it would have been nice to sweat it. LOL

• Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

hope they win their bowl game.

BE 6-0 in bowls this year, UL gets a bowl bid  i hope.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

See you Rod.  Way to coach the QBs at WVU.

too funny  sanjay

i wonder if world now knows rod smith cannot coach

They'll probably play V Tech so they could lose to their two most hated rivals, one after another.  It would be sweet, but I have to pull for them in the BCS game just so the Big East looks good against other competition.

Go Bulls!

Well, the Big East check for the BCS bowl will be the same either way, so at this point I don't really care. The Big East now has credibility and a WVU loss might keep some of those Florida recruits from going there. Might knock them down a couple of pegs, so I wouldn't lose any sleep if they lost.   

No credibility whatsoever

You must be drinking too much of that SEC kool-aid.

WVU won its BCS bowl game in 2005 against Georgia.

Last year UL won its BCS bowl game and the conference went 5-0 and we had three of eight teams in the top 20.

This year, USF won @Auburn and three BE teams are in the top 25. I expect that UConn will move into the top 25 when the final poll is released.

We don't NEED WVU to win to give the Big East credibility like we did two years ago.

The Big East can stand on its own and its BCS standing as a conference is secured.

The probem is that the human voters in the polls STILL do not give the Big East teams the credit they deserve. They too have been drinking that same kool-aid.

for wv that was their big bowl game

for georgia that game was a punishment and meant nothing

accept for usf beating auburn,big east's ooc schedule is terrible

wv hasnt won a meaningful game in modern times and they remain most overrated team in usa

I was glad to see White get knocked out of the game just like he did against us. But this has to bring up the argument of: who is really best team in the Big East? Does this make USF look better?

white would never survive if wv played a big boy schedule

usf is not best team losing to 3 conference opponents

I'm just happy they lost. ;D

who wouldnt want them win

Archived