• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I guess Rod Smith's boys had one more loss in them

SANJAY

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

They'll probably play V Tech so they could lose to their two most hated rivals, one after another.  It would be sweet, but I have to pull for them in the BCS game just so the Big East looks good against other competition.

Go Bulls!

Well, the Big East check for the BCS bowl will be the same either way, so at this point I don't really care. The Big East now has credibility and a WVU loss might keep some of those Florida recruits from going there. Might knock them down a couple of pegs, so I wouldn't lose any sleep if they lost. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

They'll probably play V Tech so they could lose to their two most hated rivals, one after another.  It would be sweet, but I have to pull for them in the BCS game just so the Big East looks good against other competition.

Go Bulls!

Well, the Big East check for the BCS bowl will be the same either way, so at this point I don't really care. The Big East now has credibility and a WVU loss might keep some of those Florida recruits from going there. Might knock them down a couple of pegs, so I wouldn't lose any sleep if they lost. 

No credibility whatsoever

• Content Count:  6

I'm just happy they lost. ;D

• Content Count:  5,241

Shows how easy it is to stop a 99% run offense with a respectable defense.

Guess Rod Smith let the RB coach do all the QB coaching while he makes stupid comments.

• Content Count:  2,726

**** ROD SMITH!!!

He deserves this!!!

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  154

I was glad to see White get knocked out of the game just like he did against us. But this has to bring up the argument of: who is really best team in the Big East? Does this make USF look better?

Go Bulls!

No credibility whatsoever

You must be drinking too much of that SEC kool-aid.

WVU won its BCS bowl game in 2005 against Georgia.

Last year UL won its BCS bowl game and the conference went 5-0 and we had three of eight teams in the top 20.

This year, USF won @Auburn and three BE teams are in the top 25. I expect that UConn will move into the top 25 when the final poll is released.

We don't NEED WVU to win to give the Big East credibility like we did two years ago.

The Big East can stand on its own and its BCS standing as a conference is secured.

The probem is that the human voters in the polls STILL do not give the Big East teams the credit they deserve. They too have been drinking that same kool-aid.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  158

I see the Big East getting some respect in the polls at various points but it seems a little inconsistent-- like the voters aren't quite sure what to make of the conference

I see the Big East getting some respect in the polls at various points but it seems a little inconsistent-- like the voters aren't quite sure what to make of the conference

Well some of that is to be expeted, since the new Big East is still a work in progress. HOWEVER, the Big East is outnumbered because we only have 8 teams and fewer voting coaches than the other major conferences. They only reluctantly place the Big East teams in their proper position when they are forced. USF, Cincy and UConn are ALL being shotchanged by them. One only needs to look at the BCS computers to see that is the case.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  158

perhaps --- not sure how shortchanged we are getting other than in the Coaches Poll-- which is fairly meaningless since it is not used in the BCS formula

I don't live for the polls--- they are an afterthought. Being ranked is more like getting kudos-- I just want to watch USF football and more importantly, USF winning football games

Archived