• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CUSA Championship game not a big draw

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

The Texas fans have no interest in buying tickets to the CUSA championship game...

Season ticket numbers will be an interesting topic next year…

Your home schedule next year is no where near as good.. so You probably are right.. your season tix may stay the same. but your attendence is going to drop.. No home vs WV or UCF on the docket.

Where did I mention USF?

But since you did... in 2005, both games did not even draw 46k!  WVU was heading to a BCS game and UCF brought the buzz in 2005 (remember, potential I-4 rivalry).  This year, both games drew 60k+ and had people in the upper decks (both of them) for Cincy and UL (even after losing our first and second games.... and third before UL).

People like watching a ranked team, a BCS team... and Tampa likes a winner.  Besides, our fan base is still growing after only 11 years of football.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,574

Only about 1-2K left according to the ticket office.  Seein' that we had to sell 45k single game tix in one week is pretty good.

Lets be honest… didn’t UCF sell over 50k for the first championship game in 2005?  And you guys only had a week to sell tickets?

I would be shocked if BHNS isn’t sold out.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Remember... in 2005, they were practically GIVING tickets away for this game.... $8 each if I remember right.

Now they want $40 plus svc. charge for a single ticket.

And, let's be realists here... you can polish the turd all you want, but 2005's team lost to USF by 17.  This year's team lost by three times that margin.  If anything, they should have CUT the ticket prices accordingly... maybe if tickets were $2.66 each, you might sell out.  ;D :D ;D :D

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,496
  • Days Won:  13

Remember... in 2005, they were practically GIVING tickets away for this game.... $8 each if I remember right.

Now they want $40 plus svc. charge for a single ticket.

And, let's be realists here... you can polish the turd all you want, but 2005's team lost to USF by 17.  This year's team lost by three times that margin.  If anything, they should have CUT the ticket prices accordingly... maybe if tickets were $2.66 each, you might sell out.   ;D :D ;D :D

So UCF grads cant afford $40 to go to a game, glad I got my degree at USF.

And no sooner did I post this then they dropped the price on some tickets to $20.

Apparently, this game will not be very well attended.

• Content Count:  639

In 2005 student tickets were $8 but all other tickets were $40 or whatever they were that year, this year student tickets are $10 and regular are $40 which is a little steep for a casual fan in town. Next week is also finals week so that can have a little effect for the not so die hards but that would be a lame excuse b/c how can you study at the library when you are walking through a tailgate to get there ;D I still think we sell out even if it's the day of...we sold 41k for UTEP on Thanksgiving weekend when that game usually draws really bad crowds of around 20k.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I personally don't see how they don't sell this game out.  They've had around 40K most games right?  Actual attendance may  not be a sellout, but who cares if the money is in and the loud diehards show up?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

I personally don't see how they don't sell this game out.  They've had around 40K most games right?  Actual attendance may  not be a sellout, but who cares if the money is in and the loud diehards show up?

If they had 41K announced attendance for the Thanksgiving weekend game there's no way they don't sell this one out ..... just the students who were out of town for the holidays should bump that to 45K ..... still kind of puzzling why it's taking so long, though.

They are now GIVING tickets away to this game... for FREE!

http://ucf.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=71&tid=107075701&mid=107075701&sid=908&style=2

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

USF fans bashing anyone about the selling of tickets is funny. 

What give a ways will usf give next year without UCF, WVU and UL coming in.

Lets see, usf sold tickets for $12.50 each, gave away signed usf helmets, jerseys and free food. 

:ROFLMAO

kettle, meet pot.

Archived