• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CUSA Championship game not a big draw

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

CUSA reminds me of the Special olympics.

but I would think that the huge fanbase in Orlando would be eating the tickets up.

Where are all the UCF fans?

Posted on Nov 28, 2007 8:49:39 AM

Discuss This: Comments (6) | TrackBack (0) | Linking Blogs | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

Hey, UCF fans, this is your wakeup call. Time to get off your duffs and support your team.

I was over at UCF Tuesday and overheard school and Conference USA officials lamenting the lukewarm ticket sales thus far for Saturday's Conference USA Championship Game against Tulsa. I always hear UCF fans complain because they think the casual Orlando sports fan doesn't care enough about their hometown university. My question: Why should the rest of us care if UCF fans don't even care enough to sell out their brand new stadium for a conference championship game?

The Knights are on a six-game winning streak, their longest in nearly two decades, and are playing to win a school-first conference championship. If you can't support your team now then you aren't much of a fan. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

I thought the stadium was sold out with season ticket holders? 

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

No, the season ticket holders have to re-purchase their seats, the same way that a Bucs season ticket holder would have to purchase a ticket to the Playoffs or Super Bowl if RayJay was to host them.

Got it?

Good!

• Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

Season ticket holders were offered to pay for their current seat by last Friday's 5pm deadline(before we actually won Saturday) and due to the holiday a lot of people didn't get the memo and reserve so a lot of GKC seats are open but the ticket office may be holding them longer to get the STHs that were out of town to still have the chance to reserve their seat before selling to general public. So a normal game we only have to sell like 10k b/c season ticket holders are already accounted for, but this week is a bit different, they'll sell out anyway but maybe not till Friday or day of.

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

No, the season ticket holders have to re-purchase their seats, the same way that a Bucs season ticket holder would have to purchase a ticket to the Playoffs or Super Bowl if RayJay was to host them.

Got it?

Good!

Yeah, I figured that.  But who would buy season tickets and not turn around and buy tickets to the most important game of the year? 

Maybe people who just wanted to go see Texas play?

• Content Count:  677

U basically have 1 week to sell 45k tix.. Tulsa will bring very few... last time I think they brought something like 400.  Last time around tix ran $15 to something like $40.. and students could get them for $12.50  .I bought 3 tix in the upper deck.. for something like $40.  this time they are $40 to $50 each ..  Personal opinion .. CUSA screwed up on this one.. I still expect a crowd by saturday..  a sell out is still possible..though maybe not likely.

U basically have 1 week to sell 45k tix.. Tulsa will bring very few... last time I think they brought something like 400.  Last time around tix ran $15 to something like $40.. and students could get them for $12.50  .I bought 3 tix in the upper deck.. for something like $40.  this time they are $40 to $50 each ..  Personal opinion .. CUSA screwed up on this one.. I still expect a crowd by saturday..  a sell out is still possible..though maybe not likely.

a championship game on your campus and a sell out not likely.

Wow, you guys can never talk about USF fans..... If you lose the GMAC bowl will take notice.

Have fun in Hawaii. hahahaha

• Content Count:  2,239

I had mine since they became available.  Too many people bought tix just to sell the Texas one.

I had mine since they became available.  Too many people bought tix just to sell the Texas one.

hmm so as we have been saying all along the only reason UCF averaged so well is that people had to buy season tix to get the Texas tix.

Face it nobody cares about UCF

• Content Count:  442

You must care about us, since you seem to follow us around like a little puppy dog.

Archived