• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF schedule next year...Someone slap the scheduler

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

yea i do... the basketball team has been around for 40 years... if they hadnt sucked so bad, they would have been invited to a real conference years ago.

Right, the Metro and CUSA conferences weren't real basketball conferences ..... Is there any aspect of college sports that you ARE familiar with?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  162

Not sure what your point is, Mike, but the first basketball game was 1971.  

http://usfweb2.usf.edu/history/1basketball.html

my point is meccarillo (whatever) keeps saying stuff that is either complete nonsense or nonfactual to support some seriously flawed logic.

Last time I check-- 2007 - 1971 - 36 (which is not 40 years)

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

we need to stop scheduling those first game DII joke-of-a-game... one of these days we might lose one (remember the fiasco with app state/mich?) .. michigan has been reeling from that all year long... and thats a school with a history... we would be blowtorched for the loss

if USF gets popped by one of those DII teams thats focused (and we go in thinking its cupcake), we will be hearing about it for the rest of the season and beyond... it will kill any chance of a ranking that year and possibly the next one.

we also need to start taking care of business within our own conference... we have an atrocious record against cincy and a few others

we are the second most penalized team in ncaa football... this is a team with so much potential... i dont want to see them turn in to USiF (as in always "if" this or that)

Everybody plays these games.  I think there are only a handful of teams (Notre Dame, USC) that don't play 1AA teams.  Why should USF be different than other schools?  Plus we have an extra out of conference game to schedule, so it needs to be a home game for revenue.  This is how bigtime football programs operate.

usf shouldnt play these games

usf needs credibility and money to pay for assistant coaches

usf should take a big payday on road and play a top team every year

There just seems to be either a lot of ignorance flying around or just naivete of the business of the game.  The schedule isn't made in a classroom sitting behind a desk and drawing up theories.  First of all, most teams were forced to play D1AA schools when we went to a 12 game schedule.  There aren't enough available teams with open dates to round out a complete D1 schedule.  That's life in the real world.  Second, most big name upper tier schools make their schedules 10 to 12 years out.  No one is running out and rearranging their schedule simply because we want to play them.  Also, there are a lot of teams that don't want to play us at this point becuasde they don't know what to make of us.  Teams in the SEC don't want to throw in another difiicult team because they already play a difficult schedule within their conference.  Go ask Marc Richt when we can schedule a game.  We would love to play them.  Anytime you can bring FSU to the table, we are all for it.  We were lucky to get the series with Miami.  it took a lot of arm twisting and an outgoing AD to get them to agree to the series.  A lot of their fans and alumni/boosters made it very clear that they prefer to play FIU and FAU.

Anyone around here and would love to keep the schedule improving, but the reality is there aren't enough top tier avaliable teams willing to change their schedule to play us.  Thats the rewality of life in the rreal world and not in someones mind.

usf shouldnt play these games

usf needs credibility and money to pay for assistant coaches

usf should take a big payday on road and play a top team every year

Look what the UCF formula got UCF.

it was fsu formula not ftu/ou/oc

You do know that you're comparing Apples to Oranges  Kiwi fruits, right?

If you're talking about before they joined the ACC, that is not a fair comparison.  Before 1992  FSU was independent and could schedule 11 or 12 games with anyone. USF only have 5 games each season that are flexible.  Heck, a large number of college football teams were independent... making it really easy to schedule games.

Since that time, FSU had two of their 3 or 4 OOC games against Florida and Miami (until Miami joined the ACC)... so you tell me how hard is it for FSU to schedule 1 (maybe 2) BCS conference teams each year

Moreover, before the 12-game season was approved, a win over a I-AA team could only count once every four years, not every year.  FSU's scheduling philosophy might have changed.

• Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

I say we schedule USC, LSU, UF, Ohio State, and Auburn as our OOC opponents!  They'll all agree to home and homes, right?  If not we can just play them away every year.  That's how to build a program!  Forget about how UF schedules by refusing to play an out of conference game away from the Swamp.  What are they, only the national champs?, they don't know how to schedule!  Meccariello knows how to schedule!

Meccariello, I would quit while you're only slightly just barley far away from ahead.  I don't think your throw it at the wall and see if it sticks strategy is working.

• Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

To say the scheduling is wrong is ridiculous. Wvu is going to the national championship when they beat pitt. Is their schedule better than ours. They didn't play auburn. We have enough statement games. Let the rest of the games be in favor of us. Its not that difficult to understand if you win whats on your schedule and what we have had is a pretty decent strength of schedule and we got to number 2 playing it. I think our schedule is fine. Why change a good path to bcs and a national championship opportunity. We will play these teams in due time. Florida coming up and fsu wont be too far away. Its all planned out way ahead of time.

Archived