• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF schedule next year...Someone slap the scheduler

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I know it's D1AA, but it's just so stupid how they changed the name.  SO they are now D2 to me.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  155
  • Days Won:  0

I think he worked all night again...  coming down from a caffeine buzz...

and we are adding beer/wine to the menu.. so i will be comming down from being over winoed occasionally, but my point still stands... DII (they can get over it) is not a guaranteed win... just ask michigan if it was worth it....

we were a hungry DII team that caused a few headaches not too long ago... we are a new DI team... we need strong schedules... not assumed cupcake games... people have been ******** all year about hawaii's schedule (undefeated and still no chance in hell of a slot in championship game)... ohio states schedule too

put the team to the test... dont schedule "just enough" for a bowl... a bowl slot means jack-**** if its the pizza bowl because we cant win out the conference. i would rather play the toughest schedule in football, and when we lose we can say "yea... but look who we lost to..."... when we win we can say "look who we beat"...

better to play the harder schedule and get better over time

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

When has Leavitt ever taken a win for granted?  I don't worry about CJL overlooking any team.

I think he worked all night again...  coming down from a caffeine buzz...

and we are adding beer/wine to the menu.. so i will be comming down from being over winoed occasionally, but my point still stands... DII (they can get over it) is not a guaranteed win... just ask michigan if it was worth it....

we were a hungry DII team that caused a few headaches not too long ago... we are a new DI team... we need strong schedules... not assumed cupcake games... people have been ******** all year about hawaii's schedule (undefeated and still no chance in hell of a slot in championship game)... ohio states schedule too

put the team to the test... dont schedule "just enough" for a bowl... a bowl slot means jack-**** if its the pizza bowl because we cant win out the conference. i would rather play the toughest schedule in football, and when we lose we can say "yea... but look who we lost to..."... when we win we can say "look who we beat"...

better to play the harder schedule and get better over time

Well, the head ball coach and athletic director disagree with you.

And is your name Deumig by chance? At least call them D2A...

There are quite a few Division II schools already.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

I know it's D1AA, but it's just so stupid how they changed the name.  SO they are now D2 to me.

arbitrarily mis-labeling something because it is not in the same subdivision as we are sounds just as stupid (in fact moreso) than the name change.

u fail.

• Content Count:  155

Yes he is assuming it is a guaranteed win.

Leavitt and Woolard have the following scheduling formula... and since you're new here you may not have seen it before:

EVERY SEASON

1 game against a FCS (not "Div II") opponent team at home

1 game against a BCS conference opponent at home

1 game against a BCS conference opponent on the road

1 game against a mid-major conference opponent on the road

1 game against a mid-major conference opponent at home (if possible, even in years with 4 Big East home games)

7 Big East Conference games (alternating between 4 home-3 away and 3 home-4away)

so 25% (3 out of 12) of our games are dummed down games?? sorry... not the way to gain national respect and improve the team. we did very well in cusa and when we were in the "fcs"... we are trying to play with the big boys... we need to step up and get hungry again... its not just about the "W"... its who the "W" is against

whats the schedule formula for UF/FSU/ and other storied programs around the nation?

i bet michigan thinks twice about an fcs opponant any time soon...

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

First, Tennessee Martin is not Division II, they are Division I - Football Championship Subdivision.

1) ESPN wants to put Kansas @ USF that first weekend...

2) Tenn-Martin wants out of the contract, if possible, because they also play at Auburn

3) Jim Leavitt has said that as long as he is coaching at USF and the NCAA allows a win over a FCS team to count towards the 6 needed for a bowl, then USF will be playing an FCS team every year.

4) It is a guaranteed home game.  USF would like to have seven home games each season, but six is the minimum.

Forst I don't want to hear this FCS crap, they're D2 and they need to elarn to live with it!  Why Don't we just get UCF to come play us at home every year... that'd be funny, but I like the D2 game, it's essentially a garunteed win and helps us go to a bowl.

FCS is NOT D2, they are DIAA.  We don't ever play D2 teams.  We do in hoops occasionally, but not football.  It isn't even allowed.

• Content Count:  21,070
  • Days Won:  38

Keep up with the news and you might have heard that it is going to be changed to a Friday night Kansas vs. USF game that opens the college football season.

I hadn't heard that either.  That is freaking hot.  We lucked out having Kansas on the schedule next year.  My only concern is that we have played kind of badly the last couple season openers.  Hopefully Kansas has that problem too.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

We have one of the better SOS (strength of schedule) in the country.  I'm not too worried.  And we played a couple "dummed down" teams.

• Content Count:  136

Keep up with the news and you might have heard that it is going to be changed to a Friday night Kansas vs. USF game that opens the college football season.

I hadn't heard that either.  That is freaking hot.  We lucked out having Kansas on the schedule next year.  My only concern is that we have played kind of badly the last couple season openers.  Hopefully Kansas has that problem too.

Opening the season with a sell-out will be really nice

Archived