• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF schedule next year...Someone slap the scheduler

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  155
  • Days Won:  0

we need to stop scheduling those first game DII joke-of-a-game... one of these days we might lose one (remember the fiasco with app state/mich?) .. michigan has been reeling from that all year long... and thats a school with a history... we would be blowtorched for the loss

if USF gets popped by one of those DII teams thats focused (and we go in thinking its cupcake), we will be hearing about it for the rest of the season and beyond... it will kill any chance of a ranking that year and possibly the next one.

we also need to start taking care of business within our own conference... we have an atrocious record against cincy and a few others

we are the second most penalized team in ncaa football... this is a team with so much potential... i dont want to see them turn in to USiF (as in always "if" this or that)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  136

Keep up with the news and you might have heard that it is going to be changed to a Friday night Kansas vs. USF game that opens the college football season.

First, Tennessee Martin is not Division II, they are Division I - Football Championship Subdivision.

1) ESPN wants to put Kansas @ USF that first weekend...

2) Tenn-Martin wants out of the contract, if possible, because they also play at Auburn

3) Jim Leavitt has said that as long as he is coaching at USF and the NCAA allows a win over a FCS team to count towards the 6 needed for a bowl, then USF will be playing an FCS team every year.

4) It is a guaranteed home game.  USF would like to have seven home games each season, but six is the minimum.

i had not heard the kansas thing, but if thats the case, then GOOD!

app state was a warning to all... the downside is too great if you lose to a DII team. more risk than reward

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I think he worked all night again...  coming down from a caffeine buzz...

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

we need to stop scheduling those first game DII joke-of-a-game... one of these days we might lose one (remember the fiasco with app state/mich?) .. michigan has been reeling from that all year long... and thats a school with a history... we would be blowtorched for the loss

if USF gets popped by one of those DII teams thats focused (and we go in thinking its cupcake), we will be hearing about it for the rest of the season and beyond... it will kill any chance of a ranking that year and possibly the next one.

we also need to start taking care of business within our own conference... we have an atrocious record against cincy and a few others

we are the second most penalized team in ncaa football... this is a team with so much potential... i dont want to see them turn in to USiF (as in always "if" this or that)

Everybody plays these games.  I think there are only a handful of teams (Notre Dame, USC) that don't play 1AA teams.  Why should USF be different than other schools?  Plus we have an extra out of conference game to schedule, so it needs to be a home game for revenue.  This is how bigtime football programs operate.

First, Tennessee Martin is not Division II, they are Division I - Football Championship Subdivision.

2) Tenn-Martin wants out of the contract, if possible, because they also play at Auburn

3) Jim Leavitt has said that as long as he is coaching at USF and the NCAA allows a win over a FCS team to count towards the 6 needed for a bowl, then USF will be playing an FCS team every year.

4) It is a guaranteed home game.  USF would like to have seven home games each season, but six is the minimum.

Leavitt is assuming that the DII team is a guaranteed win... i think thats a mistake to assume that. if we get popped one year, even if we win out the rest of the season, the pollsters will be torching us.. we already get zero respect from harris/coaches... the only reason we have any kind of bcs ranking is the computers (which kinda forced coaches polls hand this week)

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Forst I don't want to hear this FCS crap, they're D2 and they need to elarn to live with it!  Why Don't we just get UCF to come play us at home every year... that'd be funny, but I like the D2 game, it's essentially a garunteed win and helps us go to a bowl.

Yes he is assuming it is a guaranteed win.

Leavitt and Woolard have the following scheduling formula... and since you're new here you may not have seen it before:

EVERY SEASON

1 game against a FCS (not "Div II") opponent team at home

1 game against a BCS conference opponent at home

1 game against a BCS conference opponent on the road

1 game against a mid-major conference opponent on the road

1 game against a mid-major conference opponent at home (if possible, even in years with 4 Big East home games)

7 Big East Conference games (alternating between 4 home-3 away and 3 home-4away)

Forst I don't want to hear this FCS crap, they're D2 and they need to elarn to live with it!  Why Don't we just get UCF to come play us at home every year... that'd be funny, but I like the D2 game, it's essentially a garunteed win and helps us go to a bowl.

Except, my friend, there already is a Division II ... and a Division III.  What do you call them??

And they are not now and have never been "D2"... I-AA has always been Division 1

Archived