• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Courant -- Sun Bowl: Looks Like WVU or Cincy, U Conn to Charlotte

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Sitting and watching the game was fine. I had a great view, it was beautiful outside, and the environment was great too.

However, the lack of pizza at the pizza bowl, the long lines, lack of things to do in the city, and the fan "interactions" made it kind of crappy. Maybe they'll do better this year (I pray we don't find out though).

I did enjoy the city's BBQ however!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

i really dont get it.

all these articles i've read seem to be treating USF like a redheaded stepchild.

yes, UConn has had a great season.  but their only win over a ranked team this season was against us.

you'd think that with the 2nd best attendance in the BEast, record-breaking TV games, wins over a Top 20 SEC team on the road and a Top 5 conference winner (and possible NC contender) at home, and a #2 BCS ranking throug the course of a season, bowl selection committees would be drooling to snatch us up.

• Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

They did give out pizza at the Papa Johns bowl, it was at the armchair quarterback competition.

I missed that. I guess I expected to see pizza everywhere.

I expected pizza everywhere.  You couldn't even buy PJ pizza during the game.  The concessions at that bowl game were the worst I have ever seen.  Brandon Little League had better selection and friendlier workers.

• Content Count:  2,478

this bowl sh** is driving me crazy

Yeah, that is why I am going to stop looking at these Bowl Topics until I see one that says. USF INVITED TO **** BOWL.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Still plenty of football left before the bowl bids go out. Brett made a great point in his blog that if WVU's has only 1 loss that it should enhance our chances at being selected to a better bowl. Let's win tomorrow and put ourselves in that position.

• Content Count:  349

Question: According to the Wiki entry for the Papajohns.com bowl, on the side it says that the match up is C-USA vs BE or MAC, but doesn't make a mention of how the MAC is tied into it.

Is the entry just wrong? Or is there an option where they can take a MAC team instead of a BE team? Or is it just a contingency for if the BE doesn't have enough bowl eligible teams?

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Jim, any thoughts on the Texas Bowl?  It appears the Big 12 won't have enough teams, will they go at large or could the Big East angle to get one of the 9-3 teams (assuming we, cincy win and UConn loses)  in to the game based on existing contract?

If we can't go Sun, then Texas would be ok. 

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I don't know, Sanjay... nothing has been reported. I think they might go at-large.

Thought as much.  Was hoping they would want to throw a bone to one of their "bowl partners"

Archived