• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UPDATED: Pittburgh Weather Forecast for Saturday 11/24

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,266
  • Days Won:  0

on the scout pittsburgh board, a user mentions that there are FOUR high school games playing on Heinz field the day before our game....anyone know if this is true?

that would make even dry conditions terrible for footing etc...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  153

Winless in less than 45 degrees at kick off.

where did you get that stat?

I've been to games that started out colder than that in which the Bulls have won--- Memphis comes to mind (JR Reeds last game). That first 1-A win against UConn was cold and windy too.

We are NOT the Bucs

• Content Count:  5,691

Come on 41 isn't cold to play football

Sure if you are in the stands sitting still it could get cold but in that case you have on a jacket and hat

That is great football weather

I believe the problem last year at cincy was the wind not the cold

We couldn't pass in that wind and had no running game

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  153

34.gif?12122006

High

41°F

Precip

10%

Wind:  SW 5 mph

Max. Humidity: 65%

UV Index: 2 Low

Sunrise: 7:16 AM ET

Avg. High: 49°F

Record High: 71°F (1999)

Gonna be a cold one, Buills fans.

what is forecast in los angeles?

I predict doom and gloom in your neck of the woods---- constantly

• Content Count:  1,037

It was 60 degrees in the second half against Louisville. If the sun is shining bright in Pittsburgh I think our guys will be able to block out the cold weather. I'm still  hoping it's in the upper 40s though. Florida boys do not like the cold.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,595
  • Days Won:  29

Remember, Ford played 2 seasons in North Carolina.

I worry more about Pitt, than the weather.

Go BULLS !!!

It was 60 degrees in the 2nd half of the louisville game and people are complaining that was cold...haha you guys crack me up

• Content Count:  1,457

No way on this one....telling you now - the weather breaks and it will be 50 and sunny at 12noon kickoff.

PMR not sure about that one

55 here today but supposed to have a white turkey day

Pitt usually gets our weather a day or two later so I would expect it to be around 40 rather than 50 but who knows...

• Content Count:  2,661

GarySJ's forecast for Pittsburgh this Saturday:

90% chance that some idiot talking head at ESPN will make an issue out of the weather, not knowing that USF has actually won games in such conditions.

100% chance of Pitt running a simplistic, obvious, between-the-tackles based rushing attack.

9% chance on any given Pitt offensive play that it will look like a run, but actually be a conservative play action pass. Varies from 0% to 20% depending on how well the Pitt ground game is working.

98% chance of USF winning if it leads by more than four points at halftime.

0% chance of Pitt coaching staff making any adjustments if Pitt gets behind.

55% chance of Pitt head coach saying something mind-bogglingly stupid, like "we need to run faster."

80% chance that a Pitt offensive player will not fight for a first down in a situation where he could have.

75% chance Mike Ford will be over 100 yards after 13 carries. 50% chance he'll be over 100 yards after 10 carries.

70% chance that, despite the tremendous success Rutgers and UConn had running trick plays against USF, Pitt will run a trick play against USF and fail.

99% chance Pitt's football coach for the 2009 regular season will not be Dave Wannstedt. (The 1% is to account for the inexplicable appeal of "Pitt guys" to Pitt's fans and decision makers. Seriously, those people would love Osama bin Laden if we he was a "Pitt guy." I've never seen such townies.)

99% chance that in the first year of the post-Wannstedt era, some Pitt fan will complain about the lack of quality offensive linemen on the roster.

80% chance that some Pitt fan will read this post and attribute it to me being a bitter Miami Dolphins fan. I am, but I think I'm being sufficiently objective about the quality of Pitt's current coaching staff. Lord knows I'm not the only guy who thinks Wannstedt's an idiot and laughed at Pitt for hiring him.

100% chance of Pitt fans acting like elitist douchebags no matter what the final score is. Seriously, have you ever read their board? Their delusion level challenges that of a certain school USF shares an interstate with. And even that school's fans don't have "why we should quit this loser conference and join the Big Ten" threads nearly as often.

Archived