• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where are the Ford doubters at?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Seems as though they don't have much to say now...

he needs to doit a against a good defense

in an important game

aGAISNT a conference foe

on the road

further he needs to it consistently

will this coaching staff give him the ball next game? i doubt it

the pattern of this staff is to give everyone else the ball but rb with hot  hand

you did see how Mike ran the ball against Auburn. I heard they play pretty good defense.....right? I think we played Auburn on the road too....in a game the whole nation was watching to see if USF was for real. I guess that qualifies as an important game.....right?

Consistency?  He is averaging  over 100 yards per game when he gets over 12 carries. Ford is the kind of back that revs up and gets stronger as the game goes on...

You do realize that he sat most of the 2nd half against Syracuse or he would have had over 200 yards?

Did you notice who led USF in rushing the last two games, and who is likely lead them again next week against Pitty's porous run defense?

You did notice that Mike and Samuels got the ball consistently last night....instead of Williams and Taylor? Right? Wouldn't that qualify staying with the hot running back?

when grothe is leading rusher on team i would have to say usf has not stayed with any rb let alone runner with hot hand

how can you call yourself a Bulls fan if you didn't even watch the last two games?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in an important game

aGAISNT a conference foe

on the road

the pattern of this staff is to give everyone else the ball but rb with hot  hand

you did see how Mike ran the ball against Auburn. I heard they play pretty good defense.....right? I think we played Auburn on the road too....in a game the whole nation was watching to see if USF was for real. I guess that qualifies as an important game.....right?

Consistency?  He is averaging  over 100 yards per game when he gets over 12 carries. Ford is the kind of back that revs up and gets stronger as the game goes on...

You do realize that he sat most of the 2nd half against Syracuse or he would have had over 200 yards?

Did you notice who led USF in rushing the last two games, and who is likely lead them again next week against Pitty's porous run defense?

You did notice that Mike and Samuels got the ball consistently last night....instead of Williams and Taylor? Right? Wouldn't that qualify staying with the hot running back?

when grothe is leading rusher on team i would have to say usf has not stayed with any rb let alone runner with hot hand

see how bad this is working for the Gators and Tebow?

you go with what you now works. Ford is coming up on Grothe's number quickly--- next year, expect him to out pace Grothe rushing wise at least 2 to 1

well...it's not exactly working for the Gators for the same reason it didn't work for USF. However unlike UF, the bulls actually have talent at the RB position. It just took us a while to figure it out.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  149

in an important game

aGAISNT a conference foe

on the road

you go with what you now works. Ford is coming up on Grothe's number quickly--- next year, expect him to out pace Grothe rushing wise at least 2 to 1

well...it's not exactly working for the Gators for the same reason it didn't work for USF. However unlike UF, the bulls actually have talent at the RB position. It just took us a while to figure it out.

how can you say it isn't working for them? Tebow has 20 rushing TDs--- I don't care who you are-- that is something to take notice of.

They may not have the talent at RB or rely too heavily on Tebow. But like any good coach-- you do what gets you wins. The losses the Gators have suffered were more on their defense-- specifically there CB position than on the offense.

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

I do believe people said Ford wasn't in the game because he didn't know the playbook.  I guess someone told him what "run left" and "run right" means.  I also believe people said we go with the "hot hand."  That's interesting, because anyone watching the games could tell Ford was our best RB.  I also believe people said Ford fumbled his chances away, but I'm pretty sure all 4 of the top RBs have fumbled the ball this year, so I do not buy that excuse.

Whatever the excuses people want to use, the coaches have made the right decision to let Ford carry the ball more and it's obviously paying off for everyone.  Let's let him get a few more 100 yard games to close this season out.

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

in an important game

on the road

hello?  Auburn?  dumbass.

in an important game

aGAISNT a conference foe

on the road

how can you say it isn't working for them? Tebow has 20 rushing TDs--- I don't care who you are-- that is something to take notice of.

They may not have the talent at RB or rely too heavily on Tebow. But like any good coach-- you do what gets you wins. The losses the Gators have suffered were more on their defense-- specifically there CB position than on the offense.

"you get what gets you wins" ...true, but if you don't even try to balance out your offense the odds of you losing games increases signficiantly b/c you made it easier for teams to stop your offense by stopping one player. Sooner or later you are going to need the rest of the team to pitch in, but the other players who had been watching for most of the year (ie running backs) just can't turn it on like a switch. Running backs need to get consistent reps to get into rhythm and the scant 12 or so carries they were getting is not enough to establish a running game.

If USF would have worked on establishing the running game with its running backs earlier in the year instead of just relying on Grothe running all the time I doubt we lose against Rutgers and UCONN. Grothe himself has said that he is to blame not his OL, b/c he was trying to do too much by hanging on to the ball too long.  There is a fine balance between taking charge of a team and completely taking over. I think Grothe was unfairly put into this situation early in the year and since we were winning a lot of problems went unnoticed.

....that is my opinion and I'm sticking to it.  I guess it may sound like I'm being an disloyal Bulls fan, b/c I'm questioning the staff, but in reality I'm just happy that the staff has made some adjustments and have us primed to have a strong finish. The other thing, is that many people overlook, including myself overlook that Gregory is new at being an offensive coordinator. Thus instead of acting liking he wasn't doing anything wrong, people on both sides of this stupid debate should be giving him more credit for learning on the job. He has grown more in 5 games than Smith did in several seasons combined.

• Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

wish it had not taken sooooo long to figure it out

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,009
  • Days Won:  469

come on, way day at?

:ROFLMAO

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

NO ONE doubted Ford had the potential to be a great back, he just needed TIME.  He has been learning as he goes and has obviously stepped up his game in the last couple weeks.

You think anyone is pissed about this?  Hell no.  Everyone wanted to see him do well.

But if you think this is SOLELY a matter of personnel, you do not know football.  Anyone can plainly see the way we have run our offense in the last two weeks has been vastly different than the weeks before.

Hopefully Ford and our offense can keep it going when we eventually play a real defense (remember, Syracuse had one of the worst rushing defenses in the country and LVille isn't that much better).

GO BULLS

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

NO ONE doubted Ford had the potential to be a great back, he just needed TIME.  He has been learning as he goes and has obviously stepped up his game in the last couple weeks.

You think anyone is pissed about this?  Hell no.  Everyone wanted to see him do well.

But if you think this is SOLELY a matter of personnel, you do not know football.  Anyone can plainly see the way we have run our offense in the last two weeks has been vastly different than the weeks before.

Hopefully Ford and our offense can keep it going when we eventually play a real defense (remember, Syracuse had one of the worst rushing defenses in the country and LVille isn't that much better).

GO BULLS

i suppose auburn isn't a real defense.

Archived