• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Under Armour deal for football, baseball, softball

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

So is the basketball team still going to be under Nike?

Adidas. They have new uniforms this year.

as for the Under Armour, let's hope they look at our helmets and laugh(like the rest of the world does), and then correct them.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,238

Any idea/guess how soon in 2008 we will start seeing the changes?

• Content Count:  1,066

AS far as I know.  Does UA make Basketball gear?  Also, there is no mention of the Golf teams, and this is an area the UA has gotten into.  I think they are going after the team sports area where they can dress head to toe.

Uh, GOLF?.....How about the Tennis team.....They're always left out of the mix!

• Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah.

On one hand, its a bit ridiculous to have a black insignia on our helmets but on the other, it opens the door to wear black uniforms.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

too bad kids dont get a dime

This will always be a debated topic, but you can't argue with the fact that their educations are PAID for.

Money required to by USF to "pay" themselves for Matt Grothe's Education and room & board < Money USF rakes in for 4 years selling #8 jerseys.

Players need a piece of the action.  Even if the money is locked up in a trust until their playing days are over.

• Content Count:  7,890

So is the basketball team still going to be under Nike?

The basketball team is with adidas this season

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

This will always be a debated topic, but you can't argue with the fact that their educations are PAID for.

Money required to by USF to "pay" themselves for Matt Grothe's Education and room & board < Money USF rakes in for 4 years selling #8 jerseys.

Players need a piece of the action.  Even if the money is locked up in a trust until their playing days are over.

I whole heartedly disagree.  If the players started in any way making money it would turn college football to playing for pride to the NFL, which is not nearly as much fun to watch.

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

I whole heartedly disagree.  If the players started in any way making money it would turn college football to playing for pride to the NFL, which is not nearly as much fun to watch.

let's start by allowing them 2 extra years to finish their degree

give them a couple of hundred a week(they cant work under ncaa rules)

this money should go to pay assistants also

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Do you buy a #8 jersey because it is Matt Grothe or because of your pride in your University and your football team? 

There are 85 scholarshiped athletes on the football team, the overwhelming majority of which will not be playing professional football, ever.  Those kids are getting a great deal, not just in tuition and books, but in all the additional support provided.

• Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

let's start by allowing them 2 extra years to finish their degree

give them a couple of hundred a week(they cant work under ncaa rules)

this money should go to pay assistants also

God I hate it when I agree with Steve >:( Certainly more can be done to reward the athletes for their contributions to a multibillion dollar industry. As Steve pointed out the NCAA limits the money a student athlete can make even by them taking up a part time job. While the student athletes do receive some benefits for their contributions the schools certainly could do more considering the sacrifices the kids make. Afterall the school and state paid for my education as well as cut me a check every semester and all I had to do was make good grades. I was free to work where and when I wanted, party when I felt like, skip class and do whatever as long as I kept making A's. These kids do a whole hell of a lot more to bring our school money and exposure than I could have ever dreamed of doing and yet they do not seem to get any more consideration than I did ???

Archived