• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Under Armour deal for football, baseball, softball

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Any idea/guess how soon in 2008 we will start seeing the changes?

As long as they keep the green on green for home games

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

too bad kids dont get a dime

This will always be a debated topic, but you can't argue with the fact that their educations are PAID for.

Money required to by USF to "pay" themselves for Matt Grothe's Education and room & board < Money USF rakes in for 4 years selling #8 jerseys.

Players need a piece of the action.  Even if the money is locked up in a trust until their playing days are over.

Do you buy a #8 jersey because it is Matt Grothe or because of your pride in your University and your football team? 

There are 85 scholarshiped athletes on the football team, the overwhelming majority of which will not be playing professional football, ever.  Those kids are getting a great deal, not just in tuition and books, but in all the additional support provided.

I bought my nephew's #8 jersey because Matt is his favorite player.  If you only buy a jersey based on pride for the alma mater, I'll assume you would deck your family out in Brian Fisher jerseys for the next game.

USF pastes Grothe's mug around town to sell tickets that make USF, TSA and the Glazers money (wtf is Grothe's obligation to the Glazers, Grouper?) and meanwhile, Grothe was pulling shifts as a bartender last offseason.

Wouldn't it have been nice if Woody George  (so sorry to Woody if he was not the offender) had a stipend to pay for removal of a boot from a parked car rather than "taking matters into his own hands"?

Wouldn't it be nice if Ben Moffitt was able to bring home enough money every month to justify his wife taking a leave-of-absence and getting a lesser-paying job in Tampa so that Ben's not commuting every night to Bushnell (as a father of small children, this especially saddens me)?

Wasn't it embarrasing that Mike Ford was arrested and drubbed in the papers for charges that basically amount to failing to appear in court and/or paying a traffic fine?

It doesn't have to be huge but NCAA players need a piece of the action.

Archived