• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Don't get the wrong impression of me

BJ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

I have sounded negative lately, but don't misunderstand me. I am a Bulls fan, and I'm proud of it. This season WAS a disappointment (no, not a bust, but a disappointment), and there are a lot of things we need to do better on. I'm not spewing nonsense, I'm being honest. That's just because I'm passionate about our team.

I hope we finish out the season on a good note. We started with 'Cuse, let's pack the house on Saturday and continue it against Louisville, then Pitt, and have a blast wherever our bowl end up being. Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  698

Did you honestly think we were going to beat AU, WVU, Cinn, and UL this year? We all thought we were going to win a few of those but I can't say anyone had us at 6-0, so in no way was this season a disappointment.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,637
  • Days Won:  6

I think 6 months ago, we all would have said at this point we would expect to be 7-3 on our way to a 9-3 or 8-4 season.  From that point of view, the season is not a disappointment.  The way we got to 6-0 and then 7-3 is the emotional roller coaster one could now call disappointment.  Go Bulls!  Let's pack RayJay Saturday night.

• Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

I agree, it's not THAT we lost three, but HOW we lost them.  And the bottom of that rollercoaster ride really sucked!

Hey!  We're all BULLS fans now and will always be BULLS fans in the future.  I guess we all get caught up in the moment sometimes, but man, some of those moments were awsome!

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

• Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

I wish I could go search the site now and see how many of you "Great year" guys were blasting Greg Auman for picking us 4th in the Big East. Hell that is a lot better than we are now. But yeah its been a fabulous year. I think the 3 losses in a row were great teaching experiences. Lost opportunity SUPER!! BTW we could be #1 in the nation right freaken now - but we are unranked and next to last in the BE - go blow that up someones arse as a ray of sunshine.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  153

I am not disappointed in the effort the team has shown this season. The results may not have been fantastic or in line with the surprising start-- but in no way am I disappointed by how the team has fought down to the last second of every game.

you can't win em all-- and if we had guys giving up-- ok-- that's a problem. Just because we don't get all the wins deserved or not, you shouldn't be so quick to call this a failure of some sort.

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

I wish I could go search the site now and see how many of you "Great year" guys were blasting Greg Auman for picking us 4th in the Big East. Hell that is a lot better than we are now. But yeah its been a fabulous year. I think the 3 losses in a row were great teaching experiences. Lost opportunity SUPER!! BTW we could be #1 in the nation right freaken now - but we are unranked and next to last in the BE - go blow that up someones arse as a ray of sunshine.

teaching experience?

for who?

our seniors needed to perform during those 3 games

maybe the seniors with take what they learned and apply to their future jobs OUT OF FOOTBALL

Did you honestly think we were going to beat AU, WVU, Cinn, and UL this year? We all thought we were going to win a few of those but I can't say anyone had us at 6-0, so in no way was this season a disappointment.

This is the kind of thinking that drives me crazy..."in no way was this season a disappointment" are you insane?  Did, I think we were going to beat all of those teams? No, I didn't, but let me flip that back on you...Did you honestly think we were going to lose three straight to Rutgers, UConn, and Cinci?  You must have, since you think this season was in no way disappointing

I think 6 months ago, we all would have said at this point we would expect to be 7-3 on our way to a 9-3 or 8-4 season.  From that point of view, the season is not a disappointment.  The way we got to 6-0 and then 7-3 is the emotional roller coaster one could now call disappointment.  Go Bulls!  Let's pack RayJay Saturday night.

I agree. I would have guessed 8-2 at this point, but it's in the same ballpark. Can't wait for Saturday.

I agree, it's not THAT we lost three, but HOW we lost them.  And the bottom of that rollercoaster ride really sucked!

Hey!  We're all BULLS fans now and will always be BULLS fans in the future.  I guess we all get caught up in the moment sometimes, but man, some of those moments were awsome!

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

Exactly. We lost games we shouldn't have, in ways that we shouldn't have. THAT is what was disappointing.

I agree. This year isn't a bust; we've done some good things and made some good accomplishments, but I don't see how people justify this year as being "great"

teaching experience?

for who?

our seniors needed to perform during those 3 games

maybe the seniors with take what they learned and apply to their future jobs OUT OF FOOTBALL

He was being sarcastic, I believe

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

what we thought before the season has no bearing on it being a disappointment... it IS a disappointment because we had the opportunity AND talent to do so much and we blew it. Period.

what we thought before the season has no bearing on it being a disappointment... it IS a disappointment because we had the opportunity AND talent to do so much and we blew it. Period.

That is pretty much dead on on how I feel. It's refreshign to know that I'm not alone.  Additionally, this is our best chance for a few years. We're losing a lot of talent after this year.

Anyway, I hate sounding so negative like I have been over the past few weeks, but I feel like I need to point out the things that I have been pointing out, if only to counteract the apparant acceptance for mediocrity. When we are dead last in the conference (we aren't anymore, of course) and people are saying it's a great year, then something is wrong.

Anyway, here's hoping to finishing the season out strong

Archived