• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Meineke Car Care Bowl....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  297
  • Days Won:  2

What happened if we went...

vs. Florida State?

What are the possibilities that this could happen.  Bowl reps would be all over that like white on rice.  I'm sure it'd attract a great crowd too.

Thoughts?

• Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

Both us and FSU probably have to win out

• Content Count:  5,241

If the Bowl people want it to happen, which they probably do because that will sell out, it can happen.

Just need FSU to get at least 6

• Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

Sorry but i dont think FSU-USF would sell out in charlotte. Doubt FSU fans would be very excited about the match up

Okay. Let me try to explain something... based on what I have read and seen, this is how it works:

The Car Care Bowl (Charlotte) works together with the Music City Bowl (Nashville) and the Champs Sports Bowl (Orlando) to select ACC teams that make sense based on Geography... These would be the 5th, 6th, and 7th selections from the ACC.  (The last selection goes to Boise for the MPC Computers Bowl).

Okay. BC, Va Tech, Clemson, and Virginia would all be taken... FSU, Georgia Tech, and Wake Forest all have 6 wins now... and each might get one more win.  NC State plays Wake next week and could end up 7-5.  So these are probably the teams that will go to Charlotte, Nashville, and Orlando... who do you think goes where?  FSU -> Orlando, Ga Tech -> Nashville, Wake/NC State winner -> Charlotte.

If NC State gets selected, it would probably eliminate any chance of USF going back to Charlotte.

There is no chance of Florida State going to Carolina.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

If NC State gets selected, it would probably eliminate any chance of USF going back to Charlotte.

I see where you're going with this, but it would have nothing to do with NC State, as much as it would with having say a UConn or Rutgers, who would bring more people to Charlotte than we would.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Rematch vs. the Wolfpack?

This time, I think we'd at least be able to score on them...

• Content Count:  400

i just dont want to go to birmingham... i just want to play another BCS team.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,753
  • Days Won:  3

...If NC State gets selected, it would probably eliminate any chance of USF going back to Charlotte.

There is no chance of Florida State going to Carolina....

That being the case, is it your position that the Meineke CCB would necessarily be a match-up between Wake & USF

(on the assumption that USF wins out)?  That any other scenario is out of the question (other than NCSU x Uconn, etc.)?

It sounds like the ACC tie-in carries more weight, in the event that NCSU could get selected but we want to avoid

USF, we'll opt for Uconn/Rutgers.

Archived