• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Meineke Car Care Bowl....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,812
  • Days Won:  0

I think a FSU- USF bowl game would be better attended than any other bowl we have a shot at. Many USF fans have been waiting for the chance to play FSU and would jump on a bowl game. I also think that it would have more FSU fans than any other BE opponent for the simple reason that they have been watching USF from a far and a lot of them live in the Bay area.

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

i think there is more interest on the FSU side for a matchup with us than some might think.

we are not invisible to Nole country.  we stole alot of the FSU/UM limelight this year, and even a smidgen of the Gayturd's mojo (as evidenced by their little "plots" to infiltrate the Bulls Pen). 

the Noles would love to put us in our place and prove that they are still the big brother (or "sister," to be historically accurate for the girls' school, lol) as much as we want to prove we have officially made it a "Big Four" discussion in the state of Florida.

• Content Count:  1,370

i think there is more interest on the FSU side for a matchup with us than some might think.

we are not invisible to Nole country.  we stole alot of the FSU/UM limelight this year, and even a smidgen of the Gayturd's mojo (as evidenced by their little "plots" to infiltrate the Bulls Pen). 

the Noles would love to put us in our place and prove that they are still the big brother (or "sister," to be historically accurate for the girls' school, lol) as much as we want to prove we have officially made it a "Big Four" discussion in the state of Florida.

They really don't look down on USF as you might think. UM and UF have been very arrogant toward USF's success, but FSU has been strangely supportive. I know, I live in Nole country. I'm sure they wouldn't mind beating us if they had the opportunity, but they really don't look at it like they would be "putting us in our place." I'd like the matchup, however, so we can prove to them that we truly are in the Big Four.

• Content Count:  1,238

They really don't look down on USF as you might think. UM and UF have been very arrogant toward USF's success, but FSU has been strangely supportive. I know, I live in Nole country. I'm sure they wouldn't mind beating us if they had the opportunity, but they really don't look at it like they would be "putting us in our place." I'd like the matchup, however, so we can prove to them that we truly are in the Big Four.

Yea hes right. Ive stopped by FSU/UF/UM forums quite a bit this season to see what they are saying and FSU have been by far the most supportive of us.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

The best part about a potential bowl game vs. FSU is that we don't play them in the forseeable future (probably 10+ years), so after 2011, we will have played every Florida D-1 team.

• Content Count:  2,277

The best part about a potential bowl game vs. FSU is that we don't play them in the forseeable future (probably 10+ years), so after 2011, we will have played every Florida D-1 team.

...and hopefully have beaten every D-1 team!  ;D

...If NC State gets selected, it would probably eliminate any chance of USF going back to Charlotte.

There is no chance of Florida State going to Carolina....

That being the case, is it your position that the Meineke CCB would necessarily be a match-up between Wake & USF

(on the assumption that USF wins out)?  That any other scenario is out of the question (other than NCSU x Uconn, etc.)?

It sounds like the ACC tie-in carries more weight, in the event that NCSU could get selected but we want to avoid

USF, we'll opt for Uconn/Rutgers.

That is correct.  The ACC team will sell the bulk of the tickets (see the 2005 game)... because the general population in Charlotte isn't that hungry for a "U Conn vs Boston College" kind of game...

Bowl committees want high ratings, butts in seats, and hotel rooms sold... probably in that order.

The teams available to the 5/6/7 selections (Emerald, MCCB, and Music City) will be: Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, FSU, and maybe NC State, and Maryland (if these last two can win a game).  None of them will be better than 7-5 and it's possible they could all be 6-6... None of them really make for good TV... so they will look for butts in seats for the ACC team, since the Big East team will be the one covering the hotel rooms sold.

Archived