• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quick Blurb from MT on Big East expansion...

TyBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

In the University of Cincinnati student paper:

http://media.www.newsrecord.org/media/st...3353.shtml

Q: Is there any thought to adding one more football team to the Big East?

MT: "I think our directors would like to add one more football team but I don't think there's much support for it because I don't think there's a team out there that can make our league better. Plus, people will tread softly because we are 16 [teams] in all other sports and going to 17 is a huge logistical problem when you get to basketball, huge problem."

Also, when someone brought up a championship game, he mentioned that the Big East would have to expand to 20 to get that game. That tells me that in order for the Big East to split, Tranghese has to be gone.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Why not let Georgetown Football eventually play in the Big East?  Sure they will suck for a while.  But I would imagine their recruiting would pick up with a Big East label and being in DC.  Huge TV market.

Are there any other Big East schools that don't play Big East football like Gtown?

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Why not let Georgetown Football eventually play in the Big East?  Sure they will suck for a while.  But I would imagine their recruiting would pick up with a Big East label and being in DC.  Huge TV market.

Are there any other Big East schools that don't play Big East football like Gtown?

no way

• Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

I believe Villanova plays as well in the Colonial Athletic Association, but from what I hear they don't want to go D-I Bowl Subdivision for football.

• Content Count:  2,661

I believe Villanova plays as well in the Colonial Athletic Association, but from what I hear they don't want to go D-I Bowl Subdivision for football.

I believe Villanova looked into going I-A a few years ago, but found it too expensive to do.

• Content Count:  624

I would like to see either Villanova or Georgetown move their football to D-IA so we can have 9 league teams. I also never understood why St. Johns does not have football, considering they are in NY and could get good recruits there.

• Content Count:  260

I would like to see either Villanova or Georgetown move their football to D-IA so we can have 9 league teams. I also never understood why St. Johns does not have football, considering they are in NY and could get good recruits there.

these are all private schools with limited resources - football is extremely expensive at the D 1A level - there are only a dozen or two private schools that field D 1A football teams, and even less who are actually successful at it.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Will this EVER be solved?

Does any other BCS conference have this problem of uneven sports (more bball than football or vice versa)?

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I think the Big East is the only BCS conference with more Basketball schools than football schools.  The other conference have schools playing all sports.  However, for lower level sports ("olympic") some of the BCS conferences have some schools that do not field teams. 

Archived