• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

1997 team DIShonored @ halftime

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

How about special video clips and highlights of that first game or even first season?  I thought the same thing as I watched the presentation (or lack there of).  Talk about poorly managed, I guess it is due to the large turnover in the AD office over the past 3 or 4 years, and having inexperienced people at the helm. 

OU had an awesome halftime presentation for Leroy Selmon when USF played at OU in 2002.  Then they awarded him with a beautiful framed plaque and jersey. 

How do we honor our founding players, by lining them up at halftime and giving them 2 minutes.  No plaques, no jerseys, nothing, not even their names read.  I would have loved to have known who was there, and even what they are now doing. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

How about special video clips and highlights of that first game or even first season?  I thought the same thing as I watched the presentation (or lack there of).  Talk about poorly managed, I guess it is due to the large turnover in the AD office over the past 3 or 4 years, and having inexperienced people at the helm.   

OU had an awesome halftime presentation for Leroy Selmon when USF played at OU in 2002.  Then they awarded him with a beautiful framed plaque and jersey. 

How do we honor our founding players, by lining them up at halftime and giving them 2 minutes.   No plaques, no jerseys, nothing, not even their names read.  I would have loved to have known who was there, and even what they are now doing. 

Very true.

Good points.

• Content Count:  1,370

How do we honor our founding players, by lining them up at halftime and giving them 2 minutes.   No plaques, no jerseys, nothing, not even their names read.  I would have loved to have known who was there, and even what they are now doing. 

The AD office wouldn't handle this. This type of ceremony would be handled by Larry Antonucci, the Director of Football Operations. He usually does a really good job, so don't know why it wasn't the case this time.

I agree that the names of the players should've been announced. Plus, they should've received something (i.e., plaque, jersey).

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

They absolutely should have announced them.  That was very tacky, bringing them out on the field and only a group announcement , I might expect that from a HS team, but not a Big East team

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

something like they did for the Steelers tonight on MNF would have been great -- but I'm thinking time constraints held them back'

here are the pics I took of the group....

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=41647.0

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

here is the full team that was on the field

img5443eq4.jpg

img5443eq4.b2523c578f.jpg

img5444ys6.jpg

img5445yx5.jpg

img5447ka8.jpg

img5449ak8.jpg

img5451it3.jpg

img5451it3.638c22f149.jpg

img5452aq0.jpg

img5455re9.jpg

img5458nl1.jpg

img5459mu6.jpg

img5461mz9.jpg

img5463hj0.jpg

img5464dq0.jpg

img5467dh5.jpg

• Content Count:  105

I thought the radio broadcast did a good job interviewing Rafael Williams... (those that listen to the broadcast know that this is the spot I would insert a winking/smiling smiley if I did not so detest them)

• Content Count:  32

we may not have a lot of tradition but it feels good seeing those guys out there, which one was rafael williams, i admit i wasn't much of a fan when i got there in 98' and didn't follow them until their first season in cusa.

• Content Count:  105

On the wonderful post full of photos, the 8th picture down... Rafael has a black shirt/khaki pants and is clapping

• Content Count:  1,238

Man! Look at all those empty seats.  :(

Archived