• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

1997 team DIShonored @ halftime

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,812
  • Days Won:  0

If it was time than they should have cut the band short; I was waiting for them to announce who was there and was pretty disappointed with how it was done.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,738

I was expecting a little more.  Maybe the players wearing the throwbacks and/or announcing the players.

But from what I read in the blogs USF didn't really think of acknowledging the team , but then did so after it was brought to there attention.  Maybe you can't believe everything you read, but that would explain the less than perfect ceremony.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Maybe someone from the Athletic Department can answer this question.  Seems like a reasonable request.  I too thought it was odd, that the women's softball team, etc. have been announced person by person, but the Inaugural Football Team doesn't?  What a joke.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527

They should've found a sponser for the honoring, then they could've spent more time celebrating them. Talk up the USF Ford Tradition team of '97 or whatever. That's why they cut it short, needed the room for cash positive events.

There weren't any sponsors involved in announcing any of the other teams, don't think this was the reason.

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

I can't believe USF didn't give them an award or special jersey or something, very disappointing.

I've seen every team from Men's BB to Women's Sailing [glow=yellow,2,300]honored @ halftimes[/glow] and they always introduce each person, show a closeup of them on the jumbotron, etc.

The other teams were announced after the first quarter, not at halftime... and don't forget they had to announce the Homecoming court, too.

You're right, tho, it was a bit lax in terms of "honor"

• Content Count:  157

I hope I'm wrong but, I think players from the 97 team are going to be reluctant to participate in any other ceremonies, due to the half ass ceremony this year. 

Off that topic, how bout those Alumni Cheerleaders?

I hope I'm wrong but, I think players from the 97 team are going to be reluctant to participate in any other ceremonies, due to the half ass ceremony this year. 

Off that topic, how bout those Alumni Cheerleaders?

the cheerleaders were a hit in sec. 103, right in front of us.  My wife cheered in college so she was surprised to see alumni down there

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I posted this earlier.  I think it was terrible they did not call the names.  Very unprepared.  I agree it should have been at first quarter or third since the homecoming thing took up some time.

USF missed an opportunity to show respect to some of the guys who made this year's season a reality...  Too bad they missed the ball on that one.

I posted this earlier.  I think it was terrible they did not call the names.  Very unprepared.  I agree it should have been at first quarter or third since the homecoming thing took up some time.

USF missed an opportunity to show respect to some of the guys who made this year's season a reality...  Too bad they missed the ball on that one.

Another point is doing it in between quarters would have had more butts in the seats---really would have seen the appreciation of the fans

Archived