• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I lost it and went off on the UCiF fans at their board..

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Here is the facts of what BCS teams UCF played since turning I-A:

South Carolina (6-5) L 14 33

Georgia Tech (5-6) L 20 27

Mississippi (8-4) L 23 24

South Carolina (5-6) L 31 33

Nebraska (13-0) L 24 38

Auburn (10-3) L 14 41

Mississippi State (7-4) L 28 35

Purdue (9-4) L 7 35

Auburn (3-8) L 6 10

Purdue (7-5) L 13 47

Florida (9-4) L 27 58

Georgia Tech (8-4) L 10 41

Georgia (8-4) L 23 24

Auburn (5-6) L 10 28

Georgia Tech (9-3) L 17 21

Alabama (3-8) W 40 38

Virginia Tech (11-1) L 21 44

Clemson (7-5) L 13 21

Syracuse (10-3) L 10 21

Virginia Tech (8-4) L 14 46

Arkansas (7-5) L 20 27

Penn State (9-4) L 24 27

Arizona State (8-6) L 13 46

Syracuse (4-8) L 35 38

Virginia Tech (8-5) L 28 49

Syracuse (6-6) L 14 38

West Virginia (8-5) L 18 36

Wisconsin (9-3) L 6 34

West Virginia (8-4) L 20 45

Penn State (4-7) L 13 37

South Carolina (7-5) L 15 24

South Florida (6-6) L 14 31

Florida (13-1) L 0 42 

South Florida (9-4) L 17 24

Pittsburgh (6-6) L 7 52

1-34, including 1-9 against teams .500 or less and 0-13 against teams with winning records but 8 wins or less.  That leaves 0-12 against BCS teams with 9 wins or more.  The myth is that UCF only played top 10 teams when they went I-A and could not get BCS wins, and that simply is not true.  UCF played a lot of good teams, but had plenty of chances against bad ones and simply could not get it done.

http://football.stassen.com/records/

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

Did any lose to a Division II transition team?  No.  End of story.

• Content Count:  132

how about how USF has actually made a separate football admissions committee to allow their players to bypass the actual admissions department.

Like UF and FSU?

And everyone else including the Ivy League?

Difference is, no one from USF's admissions department, I mean, not even the director is on that committee.  When the head coach picks who is to be on the committee, it is hardly worth the effort to cover up the smell.

• Content Count:  132

Crikey, FAU fans are piling on now?

Things have gone SOUTH in Tampa.

Hey?  That rings a bell...  :)

Funny thing Mav the only people piling on are UCif and FAU. What do they have in common? It seems like a lot but then FAU is a tad bit tougher to beat.

Yet that had a lot of trouble with Louisiana Lafayette.

Their Minnesota win is almost worthless.  Minn lost to a team transitioning from Division II to I-AA.

Sorry Dawg, but you need a little education.  Minnesota lost to North Dakota State, a team that is currently 9-0 and ranked #2 in the 1-aa polls.  Ranked ahead of App State, the team that beat Michigan.  So I guess that your saying that #14 Michigan is worthless because they lost to a team ranked behind the team that beat Minnesota.  I wonder how UCF would do against Michigan?  At least we gave USF a game, a game we should have won if not for the horrible big east officials.  No win is worthless, unless you are to admit that all of your CUSA wins are, its not like anyone in CUSA is worth anything this year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Funny thing Mav the only people piling on are UCif and FAU. What do they have in common? It seems like a lot but then FAU is a tad bit tougher to beat.

Their Minnesota win is almost worthless.  Minn lost to a team transitioning from Division II to I-AA.

Sorry Dawg, but you need a little education.  Minnesota lost to North Dakota State, a team that is currently 9-0 and ranked #2 in the 1-aa polls.  Ranked ahead of App State, the team that beat Michigan.  So I guess that your saying that #14 Michigan is worthless because they lost to a team ranked behind the team that beat Minnesota.  I wonder how UCF would do against Michigan?  At least we gave USF a game, a game we should have won if not for the horrible big east officials.  No win is worthless, unless you are to admit that all of your CUSA wins are, its not like anyone in CUSA is worth anything this year.

So, NOW, "we" is FAU ......... You are one mixed up puppy.  8)

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Did any lose to a Division II transition team?  No.  End of story.

Moving target?  You said you did not play bad teams and therefore were not afforded opportunities to win. 

• Content Count:  2,239

I grew up as an Ohio State fan.  Michigan is worthless.

At least FAU beat Louisiana-Lafayette.  That was a pretty close game.

I actually want FAU to win the Sun Belt so they can become the fastest team to go from birth to bowl.

• Content Count:  1,812

I grew up as an Ohio State fan.  Michigan is worthless.

At least FAU beat Louisiana-Lafayette.  That was a pretty close game.

I actually want FAU to win the Sun Belt so they can become the fastest team to go from birth to bowl.

Who is the current team to hold that distinction; how does that make UCif look that 2 teams to start in the same state were able to hold that record?

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

c'mon, nuke.  UCiF never counts when it comes to that.

They're more interested in moral victories than actual on-field accomplishments.

• Content Count:  3,574

I wonder why...  ::)

Archived