• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A. Hall in the game!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,219
  • Days Won:  0

McKay had great drafts and could build a team, however, his handling of the salary cap was questionable and a hole the Bucs took to this season to dig out of.

Andre Hall 2 carries 7 yards at half.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  574

And now the Falcons are in that some hole.  He gave a no name full back this year the biggest contract for a FB in NFL history this offseason.  :o

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Well since talking Bucs is more interesting than PTI...

McKay was a master of the cap and the reason we had problems is because of Gruden's stubborn insistence to bring in the old ***** players that he wanted.  Had McKay still been around he would have been able to maneuver just fine IMHO.

And now the Falcons are in that some hole.  He gave a no name full back this year the biggest contract for a FB in NFL history this offseason.  :o

Sorry man you lost all credibility with the assertion that McKay was an awful drafter  ::)  :o

• Content Count:  4,738

McKay was a master of the cap and the reason we had problems is because of Gruden's stubborn insistence to bring in the old ***** players that he wanted.  Had McKay still been around he would have been able to maneuver just fine IMHO.

Sorry man you lost all credibility with the assertion that McKay was an awful drafter  ::)  :o

awful with wide recievers

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Looks like Packers could use a little Andre in their lives

• Content Count:  574

and offensive linemen...

And when him and Gruden almost came to blows in the draft room when Gruden wanted to draft Brian Westbrook one year and the next when Gruden wanted Dominick Davis and Mckay selected Chris Simms.

You need to subscribe to Pewter Report man and stop reading the local fish rags.  They have some great insight on that entire Mckay mess.  

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

McKay had great drafts and could build a team, however, his handling of the salary cap was questionable and a hole the Bucs took to this season to dig out of.

Uh, the Bucs had the best team in football and were near the cap.  That is expected.  Allen and Gruden signed guys the following year that never played for the Bucs (Charlie Garner) or played awful for the Bucs (can't even remember those OLine stiffs).  When they talk about the cap problems, they don't mention that we paid millions for those awful mistakes until they came off the cap this season.  McKay would have never put the Bucs in that position.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

awful with wide recievers

Not a bucs fan (my team is further south and 0-8), but Gruden isn't the answer. I suppose you all hated Keyshawn Johnson? I was at USF when he was there, and I saw that guy risk his life so many times catching high balls over the middle from Shawn King. I know he wasn't drafted, but Keyshawn was a quality WR. Just my opinion.

Did any notice Andre getting ready to level someone on the kick off? He is trying to be an every game special teams guy if nothing else. I almost forgot how much I love watching that guy play.

On another note, how good of a coach is Jim Leavitt? I always said that what made Don Shula so great was that he evolved based on the talent he had (went from running to passing team when Marino showed up). Leavitt has done pretty much the same. Let Andre carry you, then switch to the QB when you get a good one. Same with defense. We used to blitz a lot more. With our corners, we are OK to drop back in coverage and just send 4 (Selvie doesn't hurt).

Sorry, way off topic, but something I thought about as I care nothing about this game except for Andre getting his hands on the football. Watching Favre should be taken in as well, how many more times will we see him play?

OK, back to buc talk.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

You need to subscribe to Pewter Report man and stop reading the local fish rags.  They have some great insight on that entire Mckay mess. 

No need.  I stick to facts and figure them out for myself.  How many yards and TDs did Garner produce for the $8mil we gave him?

Archived