• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Next year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  635
  • Days Won:  0

I agree about Pat White.  No way he goes pro.  He doesn't fit into anybody's system, so he'll have to come back.  Devine will be OK as long as he stays out of trouble in the offseason.

Well, if he doesn't fit a system in the 2008 draft, why would he fit into someone's system in 2009??

so he can spend another year working on his passing game and mechanics without Slaton in the backfield. his stock can only go up, and if he doesn't do well as a passer, then he'll still be recruited to play WR. doesn't make much sense for him to leave early.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,738

I agree about Pat White.  No way he goes pro.  He doesn't fit into anybody's system, so he'll have to come back.  Devine will be OK as long as he stays out of trouble in the offseason.

Well, if he doesn't fit a system in the 2008 draft, why would he fit into someone's system in 2009??

so he can spend another year working on his passing game and mechanics without Slaton in the backfield. his stock can only go up, and if he doesn't do well as a passer, then he'll still be recruited to play WR. doesn't make much sense for him to leave early.

he will be a RB or WR in the NFL

• Content Count:  403

Who will take the place of Trae Williams and Mike Jenkins at cornerback?  How will we rate at that position next year?

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Relacements at corner are possibly Tyler Roberts and Jerome Murphy (both of our nickles this year).  My guess at backups would be Jamal Jenkins and Dylan Douglas.  Other than that, we'll have Carlton Williams, Danny Verpaele, Louis Gachette, and Nate Allen roaming the defensive backfield.

Replacements at corner are possibly Tyler Roberts and Jerome Murphy (both of our nickles this year).  My guess at backups would be Jamal Jenkins and Dylan Douglas.  Other than that, we'll have Carlton Williams, Danny Verpaele, Louis Gachette, and Nate Allen roaming the defensive backfield.

They may not be "NFL Caliber" ... but the drop off is not that far...

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Replacements at corner are possibly Tyler Roberts and Jerome Murphy (both of our nickles this year).  My guess at backups would be Jamal Jenkins and Dylan Douglas.  Other than that, we'll have Carlton Williams, Danny Verpaele, Louis Gachette, and Nate Allen roaming the defensive backfield.

They may not be "NFL Caliber" ... but the drop off is not that far...

Are they as fast as Jenkins and Williams?  If so, I think you're right.  Leavitt has always been able to have pretty good secondary personnel on this team.

• Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

Nate Allen is going to be sick next year.

The Kansas game is gonna be a good test. The Fighting Mangino's should be ranked and we want revenge.

• Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

usf better recruit freshman that can play immediately

when will leavitt bring in some blue chippers?

Ask FSU and UM how those "Blue Chippers" are doing

Cant win with good players alone, but you can't win with good coaching alone either

i believe a Jim Grobe led 2006 Wake team would beg to differ with you.

• Content Count:  121

Relacements at corner are possibly Tyler Roberts and Jerome Murphy (both of our nickles this year).  My guess at backups would be Jamal Jenkins and Dylan Douglas.  Other than that, we'll have Carlton Williams, Danny Verpaele, Louis Gachette, and Nate Allen roaming the defensive backfield.

Tyson Butler will be in the mix for corner.  He'll be switching from offense back to defense after the season is over. 

Archived