• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Next year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

Not that it will help next year but I think USF will start to get some pretty impressive transfers coming in.

This is now a very attractive place to come.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Updated with JoeB's / Greg's info on 5th year guys:  Buie and George

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Ah... but the schedule steps down next year, too...

Tennessee Martin (Another I-AA opening)

@ FIU (Practically a I-AA team)

@ UCF (This could be tough, they will be looking for revenge and for a statement in their stadium and the last game)

v Kansas (The Jayhawks come to town... could be a pre-season Top 25 team)

@ NC State (another ACC team on the road...)

Now for the conference games...

v Rutgers (no Ray Rice... he'll go pro - he could be back, but why not take some NFL money?)

v U Conn (can you say revenge?)

v Syracuse... (uh... yeah)

v Pitt (will the Wan-stache be back?)

@ Louisville (without Brohm or Douglas, and maybe w/o Urrutia)

@ WVU (w/o Slaton, White, Reynaud, or Schmitt -- can you say "rebuilding year" ?)

@ Cincinnati (Mauk is gone, Grutza is back...)

Sure, we lose a chunk of our starting defense... but the schedule gets nice and soft next year.

White is going to leave early unless he makes a position change to get ready for the NFL. Devine will be a good replacement for Slaton. Devine had WVU's best run against us.

I agree about Pat White.  No way he goes pro.  He doesn't fit into anybody's system, so he'll have to come back.  Devine will be OK as long as he stays out of trouble in the offseason.

Well, if he doesn't fit a system in the 2008 draft, why would he fit into someone's system in 2009??

I think he will go pro... same for Slaton and Reynaud... All of whom could be drafted (Slaton in 1st - 2nd, White in 3rd - 5th, and Reynaud in 4th - 7th).

U Conn will be strong, they only lose a handful of players... but they'll come to Tampa, so I'm not as worried.

• Content Count:  1,757

There are still 4 games left in this season that I'm looking forward to.  This can still be an amazing year for our Bulls!

I agree about Pat White.  No way he goes pro.  He doesn't fit into anybody's system, so he'll have to come back.  Devine will be OK as long as he stays out of trouble in the offseason.

Well, if he doesn't fit a system in the 2008 draft, why would he fit into someone's system in 2009??

I think he will go pro... same for Slaton and Reynaud... All of whom could be drafted (Slaton in 1st - 2nd, White in 3rd - 5th, and Reynaud in 4th - 7th).

U Conn will be strong, they only lose a handful of players... but they'll come to Tampa, so I'm not as worried.

Often times players will stay an extra year if they can to increase their skill set, or if they think their stock will go up due to team success or there will be a position need next year.

I know you know that but just a reminder that just because you CAN get drafted doesn't mean you leave early.  We've had guys stick around an extra year that could have been drafted.  Leaving early if you're a 4th or 5th rounder may not be ideal for everyone.

• Content Count:  4,738

There are still 4 games left in this season that I'm looking forward to.  This can still be an amazing year for our Bulls!

seems like this thread is 3 months early.

The coaches are always looking ahead no reason we can't also.  Also helps to have something not quite so negative when the board is in upheaval over a couple losses.

• Content Count:  4,738

The coaches are always looking ahead no reason we can't also.  Also helps to have something not quite so negative when the board is in upheaval over a couple losses.

yeah its weird though nobody is really talking about the cinci game.

feels like a bye week

• Content Count:  400

this year, i think we were last year's rutgers.. and next year, we will be this year's rutgers.. impressive against a really crappy out of conference schedule, but we might hit a lot of bumps when the conference schedule comes around.. i think WVU with white and devine will be the team to beat, and their defense will be much better.. UofL will still be good.. cantwell is a good QB.  RU will take a hit.. teel and rice will probably be gone.. cincy scares me every year.. they are like the patriots.. a bunch of role players that play within a scheme and can get it done.  UCONN this year is reminding me of cincy.  i think wannstadt is gone after this year.

Archived