• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So.... Leavitt didn't even know Mo was out there!!!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i'm guessing the naked was called because they saw something in the defense in the game where they felt they were overpursuing or something and just ran the play figuring Grothe would have a wide-open look at the endzone. the problem on that play was Grothe backpedaling too much. should've just ate the sack.

Agreed, this is something Matt could focus on in the offseason.  For the most part, his big plays offset the times he gives up more yards than he should.  There are places on the field and times during the game (limited time left) that he should minimize losses.  Matt was outside the tackle, he could have thrown the ball away for no loss.  Or he could have stuck his head down and plowed ahead to minimize the loss, he might have even gotten in.  A spin move when you are at the 40 in the middle of the 2nd quarter is one thing, also fine on fourth down with time running out.  On third down from the one late in the 4th, you can't take an 11 yard loss.

grothe needs to be surrounded with competent football players

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still don't get why Taylor did not get more opportunities in the first half after an amazing first touch.

the great mystery of trying to understand how leavitt thinks

i think taylor got 4 more carries

insane

Mike Ford is 8 feet tall and can shoot fire out of his eye balls!

Mike Ford once ripped off a bear's leg, just because he was bored.

Mike Ford is responsible for keeping the existence of the sasquatch a secret.

Mike Ford killed the dinosaurs!

Guns don't kill people. Mike Ford  kills People.

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Mike Ford allows to live.

Mike Ford does not sleep. He waits.

The chief export of Mike Ford is Pain.

There is no chin under Mike Ford' Beard. There is only another fist.

Mike Ford has two speeds. Walk, and Kill.

The leading causes of death in the United States are: 1. Heart Disease 2. Mike Ford 3. Cancer

Mike Ford drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls.

Mike Ford is my Homeboy.

Mike Ford  doesn't go hunting.... Mike Ford GOES KILLING

mike ford cant win the starting spot and is behind williams,taylor and plancher

Speaking of Ford, for all you naysayers out there, did you notice the "pep in the step" of the offense once Ford got 2 or 3 consecutive carries? Did you notice the rhythm that the offense suddenly got into? Did you notice the holes to run and lanes to pass that Grothe had while Ford was in the game? Yeah...

An offense that goes forward is highly overrated.

So Mike Ford runs hard, gains positive yardage virtually every time he carries the ball, and scores big TD's when we need them.

What's so great about that?

::)

He fumbled in the WVU game though, he should never touch the ball again.

Seriously though, after that UCONN loss I am done harping on them to put him in anymore.  They could have won with him but they chose not to.  It's not like a Big East title was on the line or anything.  If that's how they approach it then I won't have high expectations of the team until next year.  It's still fun to watch them play and Selvie destroy QBs and Grothe create magic so I'll just enjoy what will be the rest of the season.

You say that no one is claiming Ford is the magic pill... that's what this looks like.  It's not like the man carries for 50 yards and a TD every time he touches the ball.  Saw him get stuffed last night.  No one can run without blocking and good playcalling

ford couldnt get it done so far

if Ford was hurt then maybe a shift in formation should have been made or bring in one of the 3 fullbacks on the roster(38 Padilla, 39 Kelly, 41 Fox) and have them block. The call afterwards was not very smart...at all. PA pass or run again up the gut. When the offense is that close to the endzone, a play should not involve a player turning opposite playside to run it backwards before going fowards. I agree with 2 more running plays...if they got stopped then the ball is turned over at the 1yd line. crazy things happen here when you are standing in your endzone when you line up for the next play.

there is literally no justification for having 3 downs to get 2 yards and ending up with 4th and goal from the 13.  NONE.

so true

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I still don't get why Taylor did not get more opportunities in the first half after an amazing first touch.

insane

I wish for 20 second I could be in the coaches' heads.  2 more touches in the first half for the kid is inconceivable.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

insane

I wish for 20 second I could be in the coaches' heads.  2 more touches in the first half for the kid is inconceivable.

Maybe fresh legs contribute to breaking those long runs

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

insane

It was the first series of the game!  Did you not watch it?

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

It was the first series of the game!  Did you not watch it?

Yes.  I watched it.  Unfortunately.  Read what I said again.  Maybe the reason our RBs are able to shine when they come in for limited action is because they are well rested

Just a theory

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

One of these runningbacks needs to become a featured back.  Continuity helps more than getting four or five carries then never seeing the field again.

Pick someone, ride or die with them, and take them out when they actually are tired.

Archived