• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We will NEVER win the Big East (and today shows why)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

As we all know, we've got a great team this year.  Certainly the best we've ever had and possible as good as we can expect to have.  We were, and should be, a legitimate top 10 team.

But, it doesn't matter how good we are.  The last 2 weeks have demonstrated that even if we are one of the 10 best teams in the country, we can't go up to the Northeast and win football game in blustery New England autumn.  Unfortunately, that's what we're going to have to do if we ever want to win the Big East.  I'm glad to be in the Big East for all the obvious reason, but I've never felt they were a good geographical fit for us for exactly this reason.  You've got to be able to play in the Northeast if you're going to win the Big East.  CUSA was a much better geographical fit for us.

Personally, I'll be shocked at this point if we win at Pitt to end the season.  Not that it'll matter one way or the other now.

Two weeks ago, we are the 2nd best team in this country and lock for the Big East championship.

Now, you are saying "We'll never win the Big East Championship."

Get real dude, you are sound like the biggest bandwagon fan ever.

If you are freshman, well, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.  We were never a great team at 6-0 and we aren't a mediocre team at 6-2.  We are a very good football team.  When we get a guy who can make 80% of his FGs, a defense that can play with passion no matter who the opponent is, and an offense that is consistent and disciplined, then we will be a great football team.  Until then, get a grip on our two losses and understand that Rutgers and UConn are good football teams too.  Your statement is so ridiculous based on the fact that we have only been in the BE for 3 years.  We are not the birthplace of college football.

The real fans on this board will not make excuses for losing because of guys getting injured, they won't b**** about phantom calls for more than a couple of days, and they definitely won't say something as f****** stupid as "We will never win a Big East Championship."

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

Uh hello we beat pitt and Ru up there!, before?

And we may be able to pull out an ocassional win in the Northeast - especially early in the season before the weather goes to hell.  The point is, with our southern roots, we can't put together a season full of Northeast road wins - and that's what we need to do.  I guess we could potentially win a "new Big East" with a North and South division and a conference championship game.  But we will never win the Big East in its current configuration.

you know i might agree to an extent, we are obviously a completely different team on the road, its really night and day, and expecting a bad road team to go up to the northeast multiple times a year and win tough games is asking a lot, it would be nice if there were more southern teams in the league

• Content Count:  4,738

Uh hello we beat pitt and Ru up there!, before?

And we may be able to pull out an ocassional win in the Northeast - especially early in the season before the weather goes to hell.  The point is, with our southern roots, we can't put together a season full of Northeast road wins - and that's what we need to do.  I guess we could potentially win a "new Big East" with a North and South division and a conference championship game.  But we will never win the Big East in its current configuration.

you know i might agree to an extent, we are obviously a completely different team on the road, its really night and day, and expecting a bad road team to go up to the northeast multiple times a year and win tough games is asking a lot, it would be nice if there were more southern teams in the league

pitt uconn and Ru all can have terrible weather that our boys arent used to.  it could affect our chances every year.

• Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

the games are what they are. it would be nice to win them all but how many teams this season are doing that. USF is on the rise and will be a national power soon. So ye of little faith...watch the games by yourself and keep the negativity quiet..I dont want to hear it.

• Content Count:  4,738

the games are what they are. it would be nice to win them all but how many teams this season are doing that. USF is on the rise and will be a national power soon. So ye of little faith...watch the games by yourself and keep the negativity quiet..I dont want to hear it.

"THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE, AND WE LET EM OFF THE HOOK!"

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

As we all know, we've got a great team this year.  Certainly the best we've ever had and possible as good as we can expect to have.  We were, and should be, a legitimate top 10 team.

But, it doesn't matter how good we are.  The last 2 weeks have demonstrated that even if we are one of the 10 best teams in the country, we can't go up to the Northeast and win football game in blustery New England autumn.  Unfortunately, that's what we're going to have to do if we ever want to win the Big East.  I'm glad to be in the Big East for all the obvious reason, but I've never felt they were a good geographical fit for us for exactly this reason.  You've got to be able to play in the Northeast if you're going to win the Big East.  CUSA was a much better geographical fit for us.

Personally, I'll be shocked at this point if we win at Pitt to end the season.  Not that it'll matter one way or the other now.

"Nevers" are for losers. Your rationale is rediculous. Just my opinion.

• Content Count:  104

How did MIAMI win so many Big East titles?  I thought they played the same schools.  I must have been livin on some other planet

To respond to this since so many seem to think its a valid point:

• The Big East is significantly stronger now that it was when Miami was dominating.  UConn, Louisville and Cincy weren't eve in the Big East.  WVU was a nobody.
  • We aren't Miami.  Miami proved they could win consistently in Northeastern autumn weather; we've proven that we can't.

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

hbryan - I slightly disagree with the outcoached part. The coaches don't NOT TACKLE, JUMP OFFSIDES, DROP EASY PASSES, MISS FIELD GOALS, THROW INTERCEPTIONS, shall I continue? Or, Do you get the point?

IF the reverse works someone is the smartest coach in the world, it didn't work, dumb coach...

Do I think the coaching was good enough? Of course not, but, the players have to take the responsibility of playing the game.

Do I like the play calling? HELL NO!  That's why I say "slightly disagree."

I've said it before and here it is again, YOU WIN OR LOSE THE GAME AT THE LINE OF SCRIMAGE.  We've lost the last two games on both sides of the ball.

We have a make shift offensive line right now and it's not good enough to run the SAME PLAYS OVER AND OVER AGAIN.  

That coaching part I do agree with you.

Rambling thoughts.

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

Lack of focus, giving another RB the same opportunities and almost identical numbers as the week before, poor play calling in the red zone, taking field goal tries when the kickers ability to get anything outside of a close in chip shot was severely in question, etc.  That is what I meant by out coached.  I did not include players since they typically will make a bonehead play or two during a game.  If we were beat because we stopped their runs, succeeded in the red zone, but say ........... got beat because Lorenzen had a Heisman type day, then I would agree with you.  When so many facets of the game fail, it should be coaching and the game plan that come into question.  That being said, they outcoached WVU and Auburn or are you willing to give all credit to the players only?  I just did not expect this kind of defensive and redzone effort in two consecutive games - where were the necessary adjustments after Rutgers because I did not see it? 

• Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

Nope  Never has been and never will be only one or the other.

Somewhere along the line I think we're saying the same things differently.

The last two games NOTHING has been what I expected.  I guess, as I said before, we're on a learning curve and we can only hope to improve.

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

• Content Count:  143

"THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE, AND WE LET EM OFF THE HOOK!"

;D  CLASSIC!!

NMO3m5k4GcY

Are you crowning UCONN?  ;)

Archived