• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We will NEVER win the Big East (and today shows why)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Bottom line folks  - we were outcoached in NJ and we were outcoached in Conn.  The players did not lose either game (although I did give the benefit to the coaching staff based upon questionable calls in NJ).  Today just validates the fact that our boys did not have sufficient coaching to win the game.  Kudos to Edsall who coached his team to win the game and shame on ours for not living up to their obligations.  If you can't handle the truth  -  then bite me >:D >:D >:D

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

players play the game not the coaches even if we did do stupid ****

• Content Count:  2,363

As we all know, we've got a great team this year.  Certainly the best we've ever had and possible as good as we can expect to have.  We were, and should be, a legitimate top 10 team.

But, it doesn't matter how good we are.  The last 2 weeks have demonstrated that even if we are one of the 10 best teams in the country, we can't go up to the Northeast and win football game in blustery New England autumn.  Unfortunately, that's what we're going to have to do if we ever want to win the Big East.  I'm glad to be in the Big East for all the obvious reason, but I've never felt they were a good geographical fit for us for exactly this reason.  You've got to be able to play in the Northeast if you're going to win the Big East.  CUSA was a much better geographical fit for us.

Personally, I'll be shocked at this point if we win at Pitt to end the season.  Not that it'll matter one way or the other now.

1. "Northeastern" weather had nothing to do with today. As Bulliever said, this could easily have been a day in Florida.

The last 2 weeks have demonstrated that even if we are one of the 10 best teams in the country, we can't go up to the Northeast and win football game in blustery New England autumn.
We only even have a CHANCE at a game in a blustery New England Autumn once every other year. The Big East only has one football school in New England.

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

The cold weather talk is bogus.  The Dolphins used to play in snow in the northeast with no problem, and the university of Miami did all right in the big east with a bunch of south Florida boys.  Success just boils down to having a job to do and doing it.

• Content Count:  1,291

If we have good play calling in Red Zone or from turnovers....We will be #1 in country!

• Content Count:  20

Let's go back 4 mos.  All of us would be happy to be this far in the season.  Look at the bright side.  Please...

• Content Count:  121

players play the game not the coaches even if we did do stupid ****

True but when the coaches have the wrong players in the game and then call he wrong play you have to say this one is on the coaches (finger pointing at Gregory and Fanks). 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

both teams faced the same weather

not sure about you guys but I am weeding out the idiots by putting them on ignore-- guess who just made the list---- here is hint-- it rhymes with DullDullDullDullDull

• Content Count:  102

Yah you are right we cant win the Big East, because we are used to Florida weather and going up North is to tough for us...Oh wait wasnt Miami in this conference before us?

Didnt Miami win the BE???  I think at least once they did....not sure though.

Oh and the weather was very wintery yesterday; 70 degrees/Raining/85% humidity......BURRRRRRRRR I hate cold weather.

• Content Count:  9,762
  • Days Won:  9

Don't forget penalties.  4th and inches in the 1st Quarter, we get the 1st down, but there is a procedure penalty.  Then we miss a kick.  That was a huge turning point in the ballgame.

Archived