What's New
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

We will NEVER win the Big East (and today shows why)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  104
  • Days Won:  0

As we all know, we've got a great team this year.  Certainly the best we've ever had and possible as good as we can expect to have.  We were, and should be, a legitimate top 10 team.

But, it doesn't matter how good we are.  The last 2 weeks have demonstrated that even if we are one of the 10 best teams in the country, we can't go up to the Northeast and win football game in blustery New England autumn.  Unfortunately, that's what we're going to have to do if we ever want to win the Big East.  I'm glad to be in the Big East for all the obvious reason, but I've never felt they were a good geographical fit for us for exactly this reason.  You've got to be able to play in the Northeast if you're going to win the Big East.  CUSA was a much better geographical fit for us.

Personally, I'll be shocked at this point if we win at Pitt to end the season.  Not that it'll matter one way or the other now.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  104

Uh hello we beat pitt and Ru up there!, before?

And we may be able to pull out an ocassional win in the Northeast - especially early in the season before the weather goes to hell.  The point is, with our southern roots, we can't put together a season full of Northeast road wins - and that's what we need to do.  I guess we could potentially win a "new Big East" with a North and South division and a conference championship game.  But we will never win the Big East in its current configuration.

• Content Count:  64

As we all know, we've got a great team this year.  Certainly the best we've ever had and possible as good as we can expect to have.  We were, and should be, a legitimate top 10 team.

But, it doesn't matter how good we are.  The last 2 weeks have demonstrated that even if we are one of the 10 best teams in the country, we can't go up to the Northeast and win football game in blustery New England autumn.  Unfortunately, that's what we're going to have to do if we ever want to win the Big East.  I'm glad to be in the Big East for all the obvious reason, but I've never felt they were a good geographical fit for us for exactly this reason.  You've got to be able to play in the Northeast if you're going to win the Big East.  CUSA was a much better geographical fit for us.

Personally, I'll be shocked at this point if we win at Pitt to end the season.  Not that it'll matter one way or the other now.

You must be smoking so good $H!t to say that. with a few recruits (given the type of prospects coming out of the state of florida) to help Grothe, and a coaching staff that has more than a few months to put together a system, we will be in contention of the BEAST every year

• Content Count:  64

as far as traveling up north to play, that has nothing to do with it. we adjusted too late in both games. as soon as our offense matures we will jsut fine

• Content Count:  1,013

We're building a great foundation to dominate the Big East soon.

How quickly you forget that this is only our 3rd year in this BCS conference.  Have a little patience.

• Content Count:  1,260

NEVER EVER? or just NEVER?  :)

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  91,082
  • Days Won:  378

70 degrees and rain sounds like Florida to me.

Archived