• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF=SEC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

I know a lot of "Bull Gators" those are the guys that donate millions to U.F. and the sit in the club seats. That is why when I do see a Gator game I get to see it in the Champions club or some other well to do section of the stadium. You are right it is ole money but I agree with the student above. I am a teacher and that money does not go very far. So driving is a more practical for me. However, if someone from Bull country wanted to help this poor teacher out and set me up with air fare and a hotel that would be great!!! I also know a lot of day trippers who go sleep in camper or car and make the game turn around and come back. You see we want to spend the money just don't have enough of it... Wrong career move being a teacher, maybe? I would not give it up for the world... So until they pay teachers 3 mil a year I am happy to sit in the nose bleed section and make my one or two trips a year.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7
  • Days Won:  0

usf would leave big east for SEc in a new york minute

it would elevate usf's stature instantly

The SEC is a tougher conference.  Playing in the SEC would be brutal.  While SEC teams are beating each other witless week to week, we can easily dominate in the BE and have yearly appearences in BCS bowl games.

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

The Big East is growing as a league as evidenced by the bowl wins and OOC wins the league has been dealing vs. other conferences.  When some teams leave, it gives the opportunity for others to ramp up.  What the Big East needs is for USF to take the flag and jam it down the throats of teams from these other conferences in bowl games.  We're not there yet, but we will be and being in the Tampa market, we'll have plenty of exposure once we get this thing on cruise control.  Not too mention the pub we get at these Big East schools which are located in very good media markets.  Much better markets than most of the teams in the SEC.  Look at the top DMAs and you'll see what I mean.

While it is true that most of the SEC teams are not in major media markets, they are fully covered by the media in every major and podunk little town in the state.  The entire state can be considered the media market for the team.

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

travel is really the big issue.

as a student, i just can't afford to fly to Connecticut, Jersey, Pittsburgh, Cuse, etc. and road trips/buses are out of the question during the semester simply because of class schedule conflicts.

also, playing in Southeastern weather for the majority of the season would be a huge plus for our team.

look at the SEC now... all but one team (Ole Miss or MSU, i believe) have 7 or 8 home games.  they rarely travel out of the Southeast for OOC games, and all in-conference games are relatively close.  i think Lexington to Gainesville is the longest trip within the conference.

not gonna happen tho... at least not in the foreseeable future.

• Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

I think we need to take a step back and look at what we've accomplished.  No one would have thought things would be like this at this point in our short history. 

WE DON'T NEED THE SEC!!! We are just fine in the Big East.  IF(and I hate to say if) there ever comes a time and need to move to a new conference then maybe we can talk about it.  To be honest, people should really look at what Miami did in the Big East while they were in it.  Because its pretty clear to see that in the Big East, we are the new Miami...and we're here to stay.  The Big East is perfect for us right now for ALL sports!!!!

As far as traveling goes, Louisville(12-13hrs), West Virginia(14 hrs) and even Cincy(14 hrs) ARE NOT THAT BAD TO DRIVE TO.  Get a few guys together and split the gas and you should make it to each of these away games easy!  Me and two friends DROVE to Louisville last year and spent $60 on the WHOLE TRIP EACH!!!

PITT is also only a 15 hour drive as well.  Get some friends together and make the trip...if you like driving. 

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  16,357
  • Days Won:  43

I am hoping that USF can be what Miami was to the BIG EAST not long ago. If USF can just keep winning and find itself in the title game a lot like Miami did then USF is in the best conference in my opinion. The thing with USF is that we have more students and will eventually have more alumni than Miami since we are a big school while Miami is a smaller private school. I have to say it, but Miami has not been the same since they moved to the ACC for some reason. They were just a different overall program while they were in the BIG EAST. Having two schools from the state of Florida in the same conference may be hurting both FSU and Miami.  The chances that both Miami and FSU can go to a BCS game in the same year are slimmer now that they are in the same conference. It used to be that Miami and FSU were in a BCS game just about every year until this conference re-alignment happened. Right now, USF is in a great position. Heck, USF was close to getting a BCS bid during our first year in the BIG EAST which is why I foresee the BULLS becoming BCS regulars. The exposure is going to be so great once that starts happening. The respect and the glory for USF. Now, you see why Leavitt's goal has always been to win the BIG EAST. Winning the BIG EAST will do wonders for recruiting.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I think we need to take a step back and look at what we've accomplished.  No one would have thought things would be like this at this point in our short history. 

WE DON'T NEED THE SEC!!! We are just fine in the Big East.  IF(and I hate to say if) there ever comes a time and need to move to a new conference then maybe we can talk about it.  To be honest, people should really look at what Miami did in the Big East while they were in it.  Because its pretty clear to see that in the Big East, we are the new Miami...and we're here to stay.  The Big East is perfect for us right now for ALL sports!!!!

As far as traveling goes, Louisville(12-13hrs), West Virginia(14 hrs) and even Cincy(14 hrs) ARE NOT THAT BAD TO DRIVE TO.  Get a few guys together and split the gas and you should make it to each of these away games easy!  Me and two friends DROVE to Louisville last year and spent $60 on the WHOLE TRIP EACH!!!

PITT is also only a 15 hour drive as well.  Get some friends together and make the trip...if you like driving. 

GO BULLS!!!

Well said!

Archived