• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt Would Like Clarification

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

On another note, if the Star-Ledger wants to tweak Leavitt for acting up on the sidelines, surely they could mention that Schiano was screaming and yelling and running towards an official every time USF did anything that looked remotely like it could be a penalty.

Amen Jaime!  Schiano was the one running 40 yards down the sidelines acting like the idiot...

And it's the same people who say...eh...it's the old ballcoach...when Superior Spurrier does the same...freakin' double standards.  

Whatever...I don't want an apology...I just want a 'W' this weekend at UConn.

NEITHER  coach make a bitter beer face like leavitt

neither  rants and rages like leavitt

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

Aditi Kinkhabwala from The Record wrote: "The South Florida coach looked like a madman. At one point he was racing down the sideline to scream at one of his defensive players, who started screaming back before heading to the bench.

"Then you had Schiano. When that freshman lineman (Anthony Davis) got flagged for a late hit on the 6 yard line, all you saw was Schiano looking at the kid and giving the "keep chopping" sign. in other words, 'you know you screwed up, now go fix it.'

"I've had some experience in management in the news business. You can yell at people and get them to do things for you, but if you do it too much, it only builds resentment. Leadership involves getting the people working under you to buy into the goal, to want the same things you do. You know how it is: you hear something at the end of your shift or after your shift's over that would be a good story, but if you tell your editor, they're going to want it and you really wanted to go do dinner or the movies. You know no one else will have it and it could keep until tomorrow; and even if someone else has it, you know there's no way they can blame you for not having it. What do you do?

"Now, I'm not going to kid myself and believe Schiano won't tear into a player who screws up consistently. But that episode with the freshman lineman could pay dividends three years from now. If the lineman was playing just to avoid getting screamed at, he'd play only so hard; if he's playing to reach a goal, he'd play harder."

If you run a news agency you can manage that way.  When you play football you coach.  Players that feel bad because a coach yells won't be playing long anyways.  Most will rise to the occasion, no matter if its because of anger or resentment from being scolded, or from wanted to prove the coach right or wrong.

• Content Count:  1,238

LEAVITT NEEDS TO KEEP HIS COOL

Aditi Kinkhabwala from The Record wrote: "The South Florida coach looked like a madman. At one point he was racing down the sideline to scream at one of his defensive players, who started screaming back before heading to the bench.

"Then you had Schiano. When that freshman lineman (Anthony Davis) got flagged for a late hit on the 6 yard line, all you saw was Schiano looking at the kid and giving the "keep chopping" sign. in other words, 'you know you screwed up, now go fix it.'

"I've had some experience in management in the news business. You can yell at people and get them to do things for you, but if you do it too much, it only builds resentment. Leadership involves getting the people working under you to buy into the goal, to want the same things you do. You know how it is: you hear something at the end of your shift or after your shift's over that would be a good story, but if you tell your editor, they're going to want it and you really wanted to go do dinner or the movies. You know no one else will have it and it could keep until tomorrow; and even if someone else has it, you know there's no way they can blame you for not having it. What do you do?"Now, I'm not going to kid myself and believe Schiano won't tear into a player who screws up consistently. But that episode with the freshman lineman could pay dividends three years from now. If the lineman was playing just to avoid getting screamed at, he'd play only so hard; if he's playing to reach a goal, he'd play harder."

This compares to coaching football or any sport for that matter? I have played organized sports and I have seen motivation come in different forms. You can't compare the business world with coaching "x" amount of players, especially in football which has a war type atmosphere. There are different personalities everywhere and sometimes the Dungy way works and sometimes the Gruden method is needed. But come on, "I have a paper due. Should I go to dinner or not?" This doesn't compare. IMO

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The Bergen record is funny.  If the kids did not buy into what the staff was doing we wuoldn't have been ranked where we were.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

I am as big of a fan as anyone, but it looked like that it was totally intentional and scripted.

If we would have gotten away with it...it would be a bit like cheating.  We didn't deserve a TD on that play so I don't feel about about.

We had our chance to win or tie the game and couldnt get it done so we lost.  Thats all.

What it looked like and what it is are two different things.  As I posted before...when I first saw it I KNEW it was coming back because McKenzie seemed to have tossed the ball in the direction of Williams (as stupid as that sounds).  Then when the front angle was shown it was clear that it was loose and batted away from him...

So while it may "looked like it was scripted" it could not have been unless the Rutgers player that hit McKenzie was in on the play.

It's that simple.

bulliever-you have to be kidding

the refs upstairs got it right

td was properly called back

• Content Count:  2,052

C'mon Steve!  We know you and CJL are at odds. But just look at other coaches. Look at Joe Pa. Here he is, what, 100 or so, and he still rants,runs after refs, and is a ball of fire. Seems pretty successfull to me. Look at some of the others. I will classify this as the "whiners class." Schiano, Spurrier, Rodriguez, Sloburban Meyer, etc. These boys make the officials so pissed off, they call penalties just to not keep hearing them beatch. Then you have CJL. Fire and brimstone, ready to go to war for his players. Yes he gets into the play. But I would rather have that, than the stoic, statue coach. Look at your patron saint at USC. I have seen him on a tirade a time or six. At least CJL isn't a whiner, he's a fighter.  Reaper

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I am as big of a fan as anyone, but it looked like that it was totally intentional and scripted.

If we would have gotten away with it...it would be a bit like cheating.  We didn't deserve a TD on that play so I don't feel about about.

We had our chance to win or tie the game and couldnt get it done so we lost.  Thats all.

What it looked like and what it is are two different things.  As I posted before...when I first saw it I KNEW it was coming back because McKenzie seemed to have tossed the ball in the direction of Williams (as stupid as that sounds).  Then when the front angle was shown it was clear that it was loose and batted away from him...

So while it may "looked like it was scripted" it could not have been unless the Rutgers player that hit McKenzie was in on the play.

It's that simple.

The ref upstairs got it so so wrong.  Ball advanced forward due to a caused fumble and video evidence proves it.  Your conjecture is just that ...... mumbo jumbo, I would expect no less from a lawyer.  Even if the play was reviewable (and that is the clarification that Leavitt is asking for) where is the video evidence that the ball was purposefully, with forethought, and with extreme prejudice :D - advanced forward illegally by the Bulls.  Remember, this is not the NFL that has the rule in place that a ball cannot be fumbled forward (and this is only for the final two minutes).  But then again, liberals were trying to determine peoples intentions by looking at hanging chads so maybe Smazza knows specifically what TMac's intentions were related to the FUMBLE.  Sheesh, I feel like I'm trying to explain kinematics of machinery to second graders!!

• Content Count:  1,238

It's that simple.

The ref upstairs got it so so wrong.  Ball advanced forward due to a caused fumble and video evidence proves it.   Your conjecture is just that ...... mumbo jumbo, I would expect no less from a lawyer.  Even if the play was reviewable (and that is the clarification that Leavitt is asking for) where is the video evidence that the ball was purposefully, with forethought, and with extreme prejudice :D - advanced forward illegally by the Bulls.  Remember, this is not the NFL that has the rule in place that a ball cannot be fumbled forward (and this is only for the final two minutes).  But then again, liberals were trying to determine peoples intentions by looking at hanging chads so maybe Smazza knows specifically what TMac's intentions were related to the FUMBLE.  Sheesh, I feel like I'm trying to explain kinematics of machinery to second graders!!

:Bang :Duh :pain :box :chair

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

It's that simple.

Well to call it back and in essence overturn the ruling on the field there has to be indisputable evidence of a an illegal forward pass.  If you watch the video it does not exist.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

C'mon Steve!  We know you and CJL are at odds. But just look at other coaches. Look at Joe Pa. Here he is, what, 100 or so, and he still rants,runs after refs, and is a ball of fire. Seems pretty successfull to me. Look at some of the others. I will classify this as the "whiners class." Schiano, Spurrier, Rodriguez, Sloburban Meyer, etc. These boys make the officials so pissed off, they call penalties just to not keep hearing them beatch. Then you have CJL. Fire and brimstone, ready to go to war for his players. Yes he gets into the play. But I would rather have that, than the stoic, statue coach. Look at your patron saint at USC. I have seen him on a tirade a time or six. At least CJL isn't a whiner, he's a fighter.  Reaper

I agree, I want my coach with a belly of fire.  However, I'm pretty sure JoePa has been replaced by a robot at this point.

Archived