• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt Would Like Clarification

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I'm glad CJL is stickin up for his players, but it has been almost a week and we have a must win Saturday.

Time to move on. It was a bad call and it sucked, but nothing we can do.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I'm glad CJL is stickin up for his players, but it has been almost a week and we have a must win Saturday.

Time to move on. It was a bad call and it sucked, but nothing we can do.

Yeah, those 30 seconds he spent talking about it during the press conference should have been spent game-planning for UConn.

• Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

Leavitt is a cry baby!  We lost.  Why doesn't he just move on.  He doesn't need clarification.

That play was obviously practiced.  McKenzie slowed down on purpose so the Rutgers player could knock the ball loose, then Mckenzie could swing his arm foward and hit the ball.  And we all know McKenzie usually runs with his arms at his sides, not moving.  I mean who swings their arms while running!

Wanting clarification does not jusify a title of cry baby. Sounds to me like a coach doing his job. CJL is not new to the position or to the sport for that matter. As Joe stated earlier, it's a coach standing up not only for his players but for his fans, school and for college football's integrity. Ref.s have to be accountable, be it the day of the offense or days, weeks or even months after the game(s). CJL, I'm sure is looking into the matter but is not defining an entire year by this one game. He knows that the "next game" is always the main goal. That's why USF has a team in the BE with a record of 6-1 in it's 11th year with wins against UNC, UA and WV. Not to mention, being ranked in the top 25 and as high as #2. Can't fault the guy for caring and wanting answers. "Cry baby"? I wouldn't say that to his face.

Go Bulls!!!  :gobulls

Go USF!!!  ~U~

Beat U-Conn!!!  :chair

• Content Count:  104

Clarification #2:  If a ball is launched forward and the officials on the field don't notice it, the replay officials can correct that mistake.

I didn't realize that the booth could call a foul when the officials didn't.

There are all kinds of fouls that the replay official can call that the officials on the field didn't.  The most obvious is a QB who is beyond the line of scrimmage when he throws a forward pass.  If the official on the field doesn't throw a flag, the official in the booth can.

• Content Count:  1,297

I could have told you guys what illegal touching is......but it has nothing to do with football.

• Content Count:  1,238

Leavitt is a cry baby!  We lost.  Why doesn't he just move on.  He doesn't need clarification.

That play was obviously practiced.  McKenzie slowed down on purpose so the Rutgers player could knock the ball loose, then Mckenzie could swing his arm foward and hit the ball.  And we all know McKenzie usually runs with his arms at his sides, not moving.  I mean who swings their arms while running!

Wanting clarification does not jusify a title of cry baby. Sounds to me like a coach doing his job. CJL is not new to the position or to the sport for that matter. As Joe stated earlier, it's a coach standing up not only for his players but for his fans, school and for college football's integrity. Ref.s have to be accountable, be it the day of the offense or days, weeks or even months after the game(s). CJL, I'm sure is looking into the matter but is not defining an entire year by this one game. He knows that the "next game" is always the main goal. That's why USF has a team in the BE with a record of 6-1 in it's 11th year with wins against UNC, UA and WV. Not to mention, being ranked in the top 25 and as high as #2. Can't fault the guy for caring and wanting answers. "Cry baby"? I wouldn't say that to his face.

Go Bulls!!!  :gobulls

Go USF!!!  ~U~

Beat U-Conn!!!  :chair

jeebus dude-- can't you read the 100% pure sarcasm in that post?

Sure can dude but I just wanted to put my  :2cents in the pot.

• Content Count:  2,052

mulheap....How can you practice something like this? Look, this isn't the same situation of lateral, lateral, lateral, as we have seen in the past. This was a FUMBLE. We tried to run with it. Do you not think that a poseesion at that point and control was not important. C'mon, give me a freakin break. Leavitt is a wild guy with trick plays, but this...no way. He is about fundamental football. See a fumble, gain possession, job well done. We tried to advance it. We did not slow down on purpose. He had 2 people hanging on him when he got hit by #3. You are way wrong here dude.    The Reaper

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

There are all kinds of fouls that the replay official can call that the officials on the field didn't.  The most obvious is a QB who is beyond the line of scrimmage when he throws a forward pass.  If the official on the field doesn't throw a flag, the official in the booth can.

your recycled arguments are getting boring.

illegal QB passes involve a LINE PLAY-- crossing the line of scrimmage, which video evidence can indisputably confirm or disprove.

rules pertaining to quarterbacks and the line of scrimmage DON'T APPLY to a scramble for a loose ball after a blocked field goal.

not only has the Big East failed to provide an actual RULE that makes this play reviewable, there is no INDISPUTABLE video evidence to prove that the fumble wasn't caused by the tackle, much less to determine intent.

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Refs should get beaten with a bamboo stick for every bad call (or Lack of)...    NOW let's see that replay.    ;)

• Content Count:  416

Can you review whether somethingl is a fumble or not? I know in the UF v. UK game they let an apparent fumble go to completion and then checked to see whether the ball was an actual fumble or not. This would make sense to me since it's often hard to tell in the heat of the moment and calling it dead is unfair if it was a true fumble.

Do I believe it was a forward pass? When it happened I thought it was but when seeing the review I took it back and thought it was clearly a fumble.

That being said we still lost.

Archived