• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's been 24 hours now...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

....yet my heart still feels like a million pounds. Anyone else feel this way?

im over the loss.

im not over the WAY we lost.

i dont care if it makes me look like a "sore loser" or "sour grapes," that called back touchdown was complete ******** and changed the entire momentum of the game.  seeing the UConn fluke only pours salt on the wound, because it confirms that the league's refs are ******* incompetent and can affect the outcome of a game.

i would have rather lost in a blow out than to lose on those calls.  i would rather have gone into halftime with a 24-10 lead and have Rutgers completely shut us down in the 2nd half and come back and win by a TD than to lose like that.

i hate losing, but it's part of sports.  horrible officiating that takes points off the board and alters the outcome of a game SHOULDN'T be a part of sports, and really tries my faith and confidence of the entire sport.  it's bad enough that championships are decided by popularity contests, but individual games should not be decided that way.

Worrying about it won't do you any good.

Hit the gym and lift some weights and move on.

Or drink a couple of homebrews.  Hey EN, did you get my PM?

Sure did. Thanks. If I have some home brew by the UL game I'll come by... but, I'm not to sure yet.

Cheers

• Content Count:  282
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, I am finally getting over the loss and looking at the bright side.  What we have managed to

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The loss still stings for various reasons. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I'm with BigBully.  I actually felt like I was over the loss, then when I re-watched the game in the comfort of my own home, it really started to get to me all over again.  I guess if I thought of something else and did not watch the famed "propelling" part again, I could move on.  But I thought the way we lost was shameful to the league.  People like to say that we should be so good that officiating doesn't steal the game...well maybe.  But clearly we were playing under some different rules at somebody else's place.  It's really pretty irritating to think about some of those calls.  Some say "great teams overcome", well, yeah because seldom do the "great teams" get the fix put on them.  I somehow doubt the call against Amarri Jackson would have been called against OSU or Florida in a big game last year.  It's usually called against the up-and-comer to be sure they know there place in the college football world.

I'm still bitter, but I enjoy reading the numerous more positive threads posted here and am in agreement on so many of them.

We have surpassed my expectations by an incredible amount and we're just past halfway.  This team is in my heart the whole way and I'm proud to feel the pain they must feel. 

• Content Count:  1,297

I'm with BigBully.  I actually felt like I was over the loss, then when I re-watched the game in the comfort of my own home, it really started to get to me all over again.  I guess if I thought of something else and did not watch the famed "propelling" part again, I could move on.  But I thought the way we lost was shameful to the league.  People like to say that we should be so good that officiating doesn't steal the game...well maybe.  But clearly we were playing under some different rules at somebody else's place.  It's really pretty irritating to think about some of those calls.  Some say "great teams overcome", well, yeah because seldom do the "great teams" get the fix put on them.  I somehow doubt the call against Amarri Jackson would have been called against OSU or Florida in a big game last year.   It's usually called against the up-and-comer to be sure they know there place in the college football world.

I'm still bitter, but I enjoy reading the numerous more positive threads posted here and am in agreement on so many of them.

We have surpassed my expectations by an incredible amount and we're just past halfway.  This team is in my heart the whole way and I'm proud to feel the pain they must feel. 

You're brave for watching the game again.  I can not watch any replays, highlights, any pictures from the game, etc.....or all those strong feelings of depression and anger will well up inside me again.  I have moved on and will push this game into the very very back of my mind.......out of sight out of mind for me.  Go Bulls and FINISH STRONG!!!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,649
  • Days Won:  424

I wasn't able to watch the game, only listened to it sporadically on the radio. I've only looked at to rip the ******** forward lateral video but I decided to go ahead and steel myslef and watch the Jackson PI call ...... Thankfully, I set the record time for 4 hours. Amarri's play must have come around 4 hours and 10 minutes. Must be a omen for me to move on.

• Content Count:  159

I DVR/TIVO'd the game. Still haven't watched the highlights 5 times over like I usually do...I am hoping that it just magically erases on my DVR and I don’t have to watch it over again.

I am convinced and I have yet to be swayed by anyone I have spoken to about the game, that it was the most disgusting display of officiating that I have ever seen. I think the team played well… given the circumstances (short week, 1 full practice less than rutgers, an impressive crowd at the stadium that played like a true 12th man, and an amazing ray rice, among others...) and I am still amazed that our school and team had to experience that abysmal display of official madness.

• Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

I cant watch that game again because I already know how bad those calls were. I recorded it on the DVR, but I am going to erase that and clear some space from that terrible game. I think what started to piss me off was when they called that unsportsmanlike conduct against Hester just for using the shhhhh sign towards the crowd. You can see the official was cleary right in Hester's face trying to see if Hester will do more to hurt the team. Hester just put his hands up while the officials was staring him down which I thought was pretty uncalled for on the officiating crew's part. I could tell right there that that officiating crew was being worked hard by the Rutgers staff. Seeing Schiano work the officials that hard was sickning to say the least. Sure, the media is blasting Leavitt because he is slamming his visor down ala Steve Spurried, but they failed to point out that Schiano is about 40 yards onto the football field crying to the officials. He pulled the same kind of crap the last time we played at Rutgers, so I knew that was coming from him.  And if all these new comers want to act like they are shocked that Leavitt was having antics. Well, evidently you all must have just followed the program this year because Leavitt has done that stuff many times in the past. He puts everything into USF football as you can see on the sideline. I suggest some of those critcs of Leavitt to grow a pair before you want to call Leavitt a jerk.

• Content Count:  1,479

I can't wait any longer for another shot at RU. D-mn you RAY RICE!!!!!!!

Archived