• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's been 24 hours now...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

....yet my heart still feels like a million pounds. Anyone else feel this way?

• Content Count:  80
  • Days Won:  0

you know it brother.

it's hard to swallow.

my heart hurts.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

im over the loss.

im not over the WAY we lost.

i dont care if it makes me look like a "sore loser" or "sour grapes," that called back touchdown was complete ******** and changed the entire momentum of the game.  seeing the UConn fluke only pours salt on the wound, because it confirms that the league's refs are ******* incompetent and can affect the outcome of a game.

i would have rather lost in a blow out than to lose on those calls.  i would rather have gone into halftime with a 24-10 lead and have Rutgers completely shut us down in the 2nd half and come back and win by a TD than to lose like that.

i hate losing, but it's part of sports.  horrible officiating that takes points off the board and alters the outcome of a game SHOULDN'T be a part of sports, and really tries my faith and confidence of the entire sport.  it's bad enough that championships are decided by popularity contests, but individual games should not be decided that way.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

im over the loss.

i dont care if it makes me look like a "sore loser" or "sour grapes," that called back touchdown was complete ******** and changed the entire momentum of the game.  seeing the UConn fluke only pours salt on the wound, because it confirms that the league's refs are ******* incompetent and can affect the outcome of a game.

i would have rather lost in a blow out than to lose on those calls.  i would rather have gone into halftime with a 24-10 lead and have Rutgers completely shut us down in the 2nd half and come back and win by a TD than to lose like that.

i hate losing, but it's part of sports.  horrible officiating that takes points off the board and alters the outcome of a game SHOULDN'T be a part of sports, and really tries my faith and confidence of the entire sport.  it's bad enough that championships are decided by popularity contests, but individual games should not be decided that way.

Worrying about it won't do you any good.

Hit the gym and lift some weights and move on.

• Content Count:  5,249

nah im not worried.

there's nothing me or anybody else can do about it.

even if the league does look at it, the most that will happen is a reprimand of the refs/replay officials.

it just goes to show that this entire sport--- from the rankings to the officiating--- is based on subjective human judgement and bias... and i can live with that as long as it isn't overt and pervasive, which it was during that game.

what's worse is there was more than just one game on the line last night... it was the most challenging hurdle on the way to a potential NC bid (granted there were no guarantees).  if we had lost 1 or 2 other games prior to last night it would be another story... but to see that CHANCE of a truly historic season flushed down the toilet on utterly inept, incompetent and IMO overtly lopsided officiating is just inexcusable.

• Content Count:  869

When I think about would I rather have us miss points at Auburn or miss points at Rutgers, the outcome is clear.  Auburn was a great victory, Rutgers is a bearable loss.  Everyone from Rutgers know CJL is a wild man - and we like him that way.

We have had a break through season,  press coverage (though also a curse with the SI cover mention) has been great, you can not find USF stuff in the stores while Gator and FSU stuff sits on the shelf. 

This has been the most active year for Alumni events in Orlando since I took the reigns in 2004.  I am very very happy with this year.  I am already thinking of inviting my Rutgers Alumni family members down for the game next year. 

If there is any measure of this year- the coverage of USF in the Orlando Sentinel has went up like 800%. Bianchi still attempts to sell papers by using USF as a topic. 

• Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Yeah I am still upset a little because of how we lost to Rutgers. It was a game that we should have capitalized on our opportunies. We had a few dropped INTs that would have changed that game. We were call  for too many questional penalties that was hard to overcome. Our special teams fell apart in that game. We got banged up pretty good as we lost Walter Walker and Taurus Johnson. Not sure George Selvie was 100% healthy after he injuried his lower back early in that game.  What makes this worse is that we have to wait a year before we get pay back against Rutgers next season in Tampa. I personally am going to circle that game next season as the game we have to win big.

• Content Count:  1,297

im over the loss.

i dont care if it makes me look like a "sore loser" or "sour grapes," that called back touchdown was complete ******** and changed the entire momentum of the game.  seeing the UConn fluke only pours salt on the wound, because it confirms that the league's refs are ******* incompetent and can affect the outcome of a game.

i would have rather lost in a blow out than to lose on those calls.  i would rather have gone into halftime with a 24-10 lead and have Rutgers completely shut us down in the 2nd half and come back and win by a TD than to lose like that.

i hate losing, but it's part of sports.  horrible officiating that takes points off the board and alters the outcome of a game SHOULDN'T be a part of sports, and really tries my faith and confidence of the entire sport.  it's bad enough that championships are decided by popularity contests, but individual games should not be decided that way.

Worrying about it won't do you any good.

Hit the gym and lift some weights and move on.

Or drink a couple of homebrews.  Hey EN, did you get my PM?

• Content Count:  2,187

The loss sucks. But you know, not many were expecting to have made it this far in the season. 6-1 is excellent. Many of the 'experts' said we'd be 2-2 after our first 4 games. We still have a lot to play for and ending up in a BCS bowl would be huge.

Archived