• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

STOP WITH THE PERSONAL ATTACKS ON THE PLAYERS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  0

I agree!  Come after me!!  I'm a man!! I'm forty!!!  >:D

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,511

These are students that you guys are bashing, they are not getting paid to play. They play for the name on the front of the jersey.

Go Bulls.

I agree, student athletes do not deserve the scorn that professional players deserve if they make a bonehead play.

But be realistic, they get a full scholarship to USF as players, which includes tuition, books, boarding, and meal plan.  They even get healthcare as athletes, which is probably better than the healthcare I got as a student via the USF health center.

USF was pretty darn expensive when I went back in the early 90's and it costs even more now.  The players do get a huge benefit as players.

However, to repeat, they do not deserve personal attacks.  Imagine if you were a student and someone publicly proclaimed "Well you are stupid load of horse droppings and are not worth an old wad of chewed gum on the sole of my shoe for getting a D on that Calculus test."  Not cool at all.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

We know how old these guys are. Nobody is saying they aren't great guys and GREEN AND GOLD through and through. But, that doesn't mean we can't state they dropped passes, missed a block, or missed a FG. That's ridiculous. These student athletes are on the field to do x, y, and z. If they're not doing it, then there is nothing wrong with stating that maybe they shouldn't be on the field. If you think that is some kind of personal attack you need your head checked.

• Content Count:  382

Fine.  I won't name any names but we need a new FG kicker.  A kicker that makes 55% of his FG's is like a QB that completes 30% of his passes.  UNACCEPTABLE.

• Content Count:  1,066

Fine.  I won't name any names but we need a new FG kicker.  A kicker that makes 55% of his FG's is like a QB that completes 30% of his passes.  UNACCEPTABLE.

Although place kicking has been our achillies heel this season, Alverado was recruited as a punter. I give this kid major kudos for stepping into a role that was needed for the team but not trained to excel in. Layoff the kid and focus on the recruiting staff to get kickers back-to-back so we don't wind-up in this situation again!  What we need to do on offense is get TD's so that Alverado can be in his element.

As for Grothe being 30% completion rate, yes, Grothe has some ownership in that, but so does the o-line and receiving corps.  Not to mention, the coaches are the ones responsible in training and TEACHING these kids on how to maximize their full potential.

• Content Count:  21,022
  • Days Won:  38

Don't go after a kid... Who does everything right...

• Content Count:  1,235

Fine.  I won't name any names but we need a new FG kicker.  A kicker that makes 55% of his FG's is like a QB that completes 30% of his passes.  UNACCEPTABLE.

I think your're crazy.  I am well pleased with the way our kicking game has gone this year, with the exception of some kick off coverage.  It is much improved over last year.

I hope to God no player on any team ever reads message boards for their team.

That's GARBAGE! BUY A FORD FROM ME!

great commercial!

• Content Count:  21,022
  • Days Won:  38

That's GARBAGE! BUY A FORD FROM ME!

great commercial!

Are we selling off our Ford?  We don't use him...

Archived