• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Amarri is a great Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I like Amarri. We need to use him in the right way though. He can outjump anybody and can make those catches. He doesn't catch the ball well when thrown to his body. He is not and should not be used as a possesion receiver. I don't know why we throw it to him on 3rd downs unless it's a jump ball type where he can make the play above his head.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

Who is saying they hate Amarri?  I think people are just tired of the drops.  That's a performance issue on the field.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I don't hate Amarri.  I love Amarri.  But we have receivers that are just as explosive, or nearly as explosive, and they catch the ball.  Throw 10 of those same passes to Bogan and he'll catch eight or nine of them.  Why should Amarri play over him just because he is a senior?  Julmiste took a smaller (but still important) role when Grothe came along.  Amarri could do the same thing and still help the team.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Amarri cannot catch the ball. He has SICK physical attributes and SO much potential. If he could hold onto the ball he would be a freak.

With that being said, he is not the only USF wide reciever dropping footballs.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

great, he loves USF. so do i. but i can't catch passes that well, so i'm not on the team. hmm why can't the same be the case for Jackson.

He clearly brings a positive energy to things....

My policy is to allow the coach to decide who is on the team.  There is no doubt he's dropped balls.  Seems Jim Leavitt sees something that maybe some others don't see or don't appreciate.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

great, he loves USF. so do i. but i can't catch passes that well, so i'm not on the team. hmm why can't the same be the case for Jackson.

He clearly brings a positive energy to things....

My policy is to allow the coach to decide who is on the team.  There is no doubt he's dropped balls.  Seems Jim Leavitt sees something that maybe some others don't see or don't appreciate.

I think Leavitt knows his potential and how good he can be. I think he is hoping for the switch to go on. If it does it will be great. After 7 games i think some people on this board (including myself) are wondering whether or not the switch is going to come on at all.

• Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  0

Who is saying they hate Amarri?  I think people are just tired of the drops.  That's a performance issue on the field.

yep. I love Amarri. He has the tools to be a stud. People get frustrated when receivers that should be catching passes aren't. He is throwing some great down field blocks, contributing somewhere but he's got to catch the ball.

• Content Count:  959

sure he has dropped some passes. But the hate for him on this board is amazing. I have not seen one player on this team that shows that they care about USF more than Amari.

Amarri has made huge blocks all year. He made a great catch last night that the refs stole from him.

During the Auburn game who was making sure his teammate Alvardo was ready for the next FG attempt.

The hate that you guys are showing for Amarri is sad. I see Amarri at basketball games on campus. He jumps in the stands at the bowl game and shows the fans he cares. I wish the rest of the team had his heart. That guy cares more about USF then most of the ppl on this board.

that was an obvious push off.  easiest call they made all night.  he may love love usf like you say, but he has feet for hands.

obvious push off ?  that was a horrible call, more like a love tap

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

The last two posts (well, jg snuck one in on me - I am referring to the two above his) sum it up and do not call for him to be kicked off the team (a little of an over reach).  Fabulous work guys.  Very realistic posts, fair criticism.  Well done.

• Content Count:  10,219

solid player who could be great...it is always dissapointing when a guy does not maximize his potential in your program.

IF we saw the amarri of the UL game 4 times a year we would not be talking about him because every defense would have to scheme for him and this would make the WHOLE offense better. however we have not seen that Amarri except for a play here or there thus he becomes just another WR in the big scheme of things.

Archived